Who is the Metaquote's Tick Source?

When I install MT5, and open a demo account, without using a broker, I can see charts with incoming ticks and historic data of many Fx pairs.

Where these chart/price data are gathered from? the default metaquote demo account has a source for ticks, and prices are totally comparable and highly correlated to major reliable tick sources and/or other brokers.

please take note that these are not the answers to my question, though all are valid points, correct info, and useful facts:

• Metaquote is not a broker
  • Metaquote quotes and tick history are not reliable for backtesting experts/indicators
  • These charts/prices are not guaranteed to be live/accurate
  • Different brokers use different liquidity providers as their quotes source, thus there could be subtle differences in prices of different brokers

dandybandy: Where these chart/price data are gathered from?
Unknown and MetaQuotes will not say.

dandybandy:

When I install MT5, and open a demo account, without using a broker, I can see charts with incoming ticks and historic data of many Fx pairs.

Where these chart/price data are gathered from? the default metaquote demo account has a source for ticks, and prices are totally comparable and highly correlated to major reliable tick sources and/or other brokers.

please take note that these are not the answers to my question, though all are valid points, correct info, and useful facts:

• Metaquote is not a broker
  • Metaquote quotes and tick history are not reliable for backtesting experts/indicators
  • These charts/prices are not guaranteed to be live/accurate
  • Different brokers use different liquidity providers as their quotes source, thus there could be subtle differences in prices of different brokers
Various liquidity providers and exchanges. These sources may include banks, financial institutions, and other market participants who provide liquidity to the forex and financial markets.

Is there a way to test reliability/precision of this historic data ?
because apparently, visually, it seems highly correlated to price history from major brokers.

since I'm only concerned with H1 bars from history of 2020 to 2024, can I simply backtest on this history or I really need to download from brokers/tick-data-sellers ?

Why care about that? Login with your broker to use your real environment for testing, history included, or import external history/ticks from dukascopy & co

Due to lack of informations about, using these data will be at your own risk, so why risk?