Is it possible to have calculation inside the input tab of an EA?

Hello there!

My EA has a few inputs, including an input for "price" and another one for "volume".

My question is: is it possible to have, inside the input tab itself, a line or variable that can multiply price and volume and give me the full value of the transaction on the same window? Which means, something that would react to what is introduced in "price" and "volume" on the same input window without me having to manually calculate price x volume? I understand that the input tab as the name implies is reserved for "inputs", but when I fill price and volume, if price*volume could be shown in the input tab automatically it would save me a lot of time. Thank you!

Arthur Monticelli:

Hello there!

My EA has a few inputs, including an input for "price" and another one for "volume".

My question is: is it possible to have, inside the input tab itself, a line or variable that can multiply price and volume and give me the full value of the transaction on the same window? Which means, something that would react to what is introduced in "price" and "volume" on the same input window without me having to manually calculate price x volume? I understand that the input tab as the name implies is reserved for "inputs", but when I fill price and volume, if price*volume could be shown in the input tab automatically it would save me a lot of time. Thank you!

No, you cannot do that.

Dominik Egert #:
No, you cannot do that.

Thank you.

So I'll just create a text box on the chart window showing the result of this multiplication.

Thanks!