Will changing my laptop's RAM affect my EA activation number?

Hi everyone, I'm new to MQL5 and don't have much experience. A few months ago, I bought an EA on the market. The EA seems to be working fine, but now I want to downgrade my RAM from 16GB to 8GB while keeping everything else the same on my computer. Do you think my EA activation count will decrease by one or remain unchanged?

Thank you.

A far as I know this hardware change in your computer will generate a different unique windows identifier and will result in a lost activation for your EA.

The activation count for an Expert Advisor (EA) on the MQL5 market is usually tied to the hardware parameters of your computer, including the amount of RAM. Downgrading your RAM from 16GB to 8GB could potentially affect the activation count of your EA.

Typically, the activation system uses a combination of hardware components to generate a unique identifier for your computer. If the change in hardware, such as reducing the amount of RAM, results in a significant alteration to this identifier, it might be considered a different machine by the activation system.

Việt Anh:
Hi everyone, I'm new to MQL5 and don't have much experience. A few months ago, I bought an EA on the market. The EA seems to be working fine, but now I want to downgrade my RAM from 16GB to 8GB while keeping everything else the same on my computer. Do you think my EA activation count will decrease by one or remain unchanged?

Thank you.

Thanks! after that If I reinstall the same RAM, will it generate the same unique Windows identifier? Or will it recognize it as a new PC again?

Việt Anh #:

Thanks! after that If I reinstall the same RAM, will it generate the same unique Windows identifier? Or will it recognize it as a new PC again?

I really don't know, but I would incline towards the same issue again, identifying your computer as a different PC.