Screen shot of whole terminal from within EA.

Hello,

I know that it is possible to make a screen shot of whole terminal through user interface. Is it also possible to do this from MQL?

I've written a freeware custom indicator http://www.mqlservice.com/download/indicators/SnapShotI.mq4. It is quite useful, and I got reaction of one of users:

Michal, is it possible to get a snapshot of the complete screen, maybe iSnapshot_FS for Full Screen.

I use snapshot a lot to follow systems and to debug EAs. It is great as a Slideshow to see whether the indicators, etc. are behaving as they should.

It would be nice if I could also see the trades being opened and closed. This would tell me if the broker's server is opening my trades when the conditions are met by the indicators. If the server is taking 30 mins to open a trade, that would show up on the snapshot_fs.

For my knowledge, it cannot be done now. Am I correct? Is it possible to add this in future versions?

1. You are right. ScreenShot function draws chart only, any part of chart. Chart can be unopened as in strategy tester.

2. This is possible with your own dll.