Discussing the article: "Developing a Replay System — Market simulation (Part 25): Preparing for the next phase"

Check out the new article: Developing a Replay System — Market simulation (Part 25): Preparing for the next phase.

In this article, we complete the first phase of developing our replay and simulation system. Dear reader, with this achievement I confirm that the system has reached an advanced level, paving the way for the introduction of new functionality. The goal is to enrich the system even further, turning it into a powerful tool for research and development of market analysis.

We'll start by introducing some restrictions on the control indicator so that the user cannot go back in time. By 'going back in time' I mean that after a certain amount of progress, it will no longer be possible to use the control indicator to return to a previous position. To undo the actions, you will need to close the replay/simulation service and restart the process from the beginning. I understand that this limitation may seem daunting, but trust me, this approach will prevent many future problems that may arise when trying to use the go-back functionality.

Implementing this limitation is not difficult, but it does require some effort since you need to add specific tests to the system. These tests must be used with care so as not to create conflicts with other functions of the indicator, allowing it to work effectively. We will break this task down into several steps to make it easier to implement changes in an efficient manner.

Author: Daniel Jose