Sell your self (DEVS should read this)

it's not enough to be able to code well and have a lot of projects done 

you have to be able to convince the potential costumer with your words to choose you over the other DEVS that have applied for the same job as you

here is a list of a simple do and don't when you apply for a job 

1.  most important is stick by the rules of the website 
  2. introduce yourself properly starting with a simple (HI) followed by (your expertise)and then (if you ever done a similar job as the one you applied for and how it went)
  3. have some simple demo projects pictures to demonstrate what you're capable of 
  4. ask for pictures of the project for better understanding of the logic (it shows that you care for the job)
  5. don't make promises you can't fulfill
  6. if you negotiate for a higher price you better have a good reason (people pay extra when they get extra) what is the value you will add in return for a higher price ?

don't:

1. start the conversation waiting for the client to start you have to present yourself 
  2. don't imagine that the client will choose based on your stats (I'd rather choose a DEV that is easy to talk to and generous by nature over the high stats high skill over priced DEV who can't even have conversations with me )
  3. I've met some self entitled DEVS whom asked for 300$ price on a 50$ job simply because they thought they deserved it . DON'T BE THAT GUY
  4. don't try to rush the client to choose you people need a reason to act and make a decision and naturally by rushing the client you're helping him to make a decision NOT to choose you

this is only my notes on what a DEV should do to get more jobs during the application phase based on my interactions with DEVS on jobs that I've posted 

you may or may not agree with me but i felt that should say this and get it out of my chest

if you like this i can write another subject on selection and demonstration phases too

Ely Alsedy:

it's not enough to be able to code well and have a lot of projects done 

you have to be able to convince the potential costumer with your words to choose you over the other DEVS that have applied for the same job as you

here is a list of a simple do and don't when you apply for a job 

1.  most important is stick by the rules of the website 
  2. introduce yourself properly starting with a simple (HI) followed by (your expertise)and then (if you ever done a similar job as the one you applied for and how it went)
  3. have some simple demo projects pictures to demonstrate what you're capable of 
  4. ask for pictures of the project for better understanding of the logic (it shows that you care for the job)
  5. don't make promises you can't fulfill
  6. if you negotiate for a higher price you better have a good reason (people pay extra when they get extra) what is the value you will add in return for a higher price ?

don't:

1. start the conversation waiting for the client to start you have to present yourself 
  2. don't imagine that the client will choose based on your stats (I'd rather choose a DEV that is easy to talk to and generous by nature over the high stats high skill over priced DEV who can't even have conversations with me )
  3. I've met some self entitled DEVS whom asked for 300$ price on a 50$ job simply because they thought they deserved it . DON'T BE THAT GUY
  4. don't try to rush the client to choose you people need a reason to act and make a decision and naturally by rushing the client you're helping him to make a decision NOT to choose you

this is only my notes on what a DEV should do to get more jobs during the application phase based on my interactions with DEVS on jobs that I've posted 

you may or may not agree with me but i felt that should say this and get it out of my chest

if you like this i can write another subject on selection and demonstration phases too

I am not sure if you are a developer/coder. I agree with some statements you made up here. But also take into account, most clients want to pay $30 for a $300 job. This is just not possible. It takes years and years to learn coding languages and 1000's of mistakes, efforts and experience to do successfully. Not all, but many clients do shunt developers around from time to time. So my input on this is only one thing, and that is, Cheap labour is not good, and good labour is not cheap.

If you go to a professional, he will quote you $800 where the guy under the tree quoted you $30. The difference in experience and workmanship are worlds apart. Most of the clients end up realising that the strategy they paid $30 for does not work anyways. So if you want a profitable strategy, you are going to pay for it....The other thing i can quickly add is this. A developer may be able to cook up a strategy, and sell it, but that is still just a strategy, I would suggest you get to someone who has deep knowledge in trading the markets, who is also a developer. In that way you are mostly certain your strategy has a much better chance on being profitable, why? Because, the EA is only going to trade as good as the guy who developed it, if a developer is cheap....run.

A developer that is honest, and has many years market knowledge will tell you straight up if your strategy has a chance of making money or not. Remember, a professional has traded through countless market cycles/conditions, over many years of market experience, they are not self proclaimed professionals, these are certified people, and they are not there to help you wrong. It is your choice at the end if you are willing to listen and learn, or scroll through another YT video. It seems harsh, but you just got to deal with it. This is the solid truth. If you want to be safe and sift out the bugs, ask a developer if he has trading experience and if he is profitable, if he replies "Yes, then ask him proof, like his portfolio.

Any successful trader has a way of record keeping, portfolios are the most common and legitimate way because you need to connect your trading account to a server via your investor password, and you will have a verified track record, take MyFxBook or Forex Factory as example.. If he has excuses, turn around and leave. 

Nardus Van Staden #:

I am not sure if you are a developer/coder. I agree with some statements you made up here. But also take into account, most clients want to pay $30 for a $300 job. This is just not possible. It takes years and years to learn coding languages and 1000's of mistakes, efforts and experience to do successfully. Not all, but many clients do shunt developers around from time to time. So my input on this is only one thing, and that is, Cheap labour is not good, and good labour is not cheap.

If you go to a professional, he will quote you $800 where the guy under the tree quoted you $30. The difference in experience and workmanship are worlds apart. Most of the clients end up realising that the strategy they paid $30 for does not work anyways. So if you want a profitable strategy, you are going to pay for it....The other thing i can quickly add is this. A developer may be able to cook up a strategy, and sell it, but that is still just a strategy, I would suggest you get to someone who has deep knowledge in trading the markets, who is also a developer. In that way you are mostly certain your strategy has a much better chance on being profitable, why? Because, the EA is only going to trade as good as the guy who developed it, if a developer is cheap....run.

A developer that is honest, and has many years market knowledge will tell you straight up if your strategy has a chance of making money or not. Remember, a professional has traded through countless market cycles/conditions, over many years of market experience, they are not self proclaimed professionals, these are certified people, and they are not there to help you wrong. It is your choice at the end if you are willing to listen and learn, or scroll through another YT video. It seems harsh, but you just got to deal with it. This is the solid truth. If you want to be safe and sift out the bugs, ask a developer if he has trading experience and if he is profitable, if he replies "Yes, then ask him proof, like his portfolio.

Any successful trader has a way of record keeping, portfolios are the most common and legitimate way because you need to connect your trading account to a server via your investor password, and you will have a verified track record, take MyFxBook or Forex Factory as example.. If he has excuses, turn around and leave. 

i thank you for your input sir i enjoyed reading it and agreed 🤝 with you on it

Nardus Van Staden #:

Exactly , a dev charges $300 because that is what his/hers time on the project is worth . 

Also you develop an instinct overtime , it's magical , just by reading a reply , they way they skip over questions , how much of your response they absorbed and adressed , etc , that you know this client will be :

• asking for revisions
  • won't accept any flaws in the strategy (fundamental flaws)
  • won't take suggestions 

There have been projects for instance where the price was high because i knew that person was annoying , so the price reflected that.

Let me add upon that , if you are a dev from a country where $30 is enough , but you are also extremely competent (there are plenty that fit this description ) , if you can increase the price do it .