Bit Defender Anti-Virus Found Something in WebInstall Folder (2024.0218) - page 2

Hi, guys, I am using Bit Defender and maybe can fix it for emergency using.

I won't call it "solution", because it is ugly and make me feel unsafe.

Although Moderator said it is safe and cause by some sort of RSA private key issue, just ignore it, I still feel it is not a good way to let users get alarm,

since this is a financial application, how could we IB persuade our investors clients "Oh, don't worry, your money is safe, even your anti-virus said the trading platform has a big virus.",

I guess if I really do such thing, they will stare on me with terminator's red light eyesight.....

You know, rich guys do not know deep tech things, and will take money back if they feel even just a little something doubt.

Wish MetaQuotes solve it ASAP, but not try to tell us to use the way I am telling you guys under (Add terminal.exe to white list):

1. Disable all Anti-Virus detection, like "Advance Threat Detection", actually, it is just the killer which delete all terminal.exe.
  2. Restore the "webinstall" terminal.exe by Anti-Virus, add it to white list if the AV do not add it automatically. (I don't know why the restore to installed folders always get failed, but it will work to restore on webinsall folder only)
  3. Don't try to restore terminal.exe to installed folders, it always fail, just Copy terminal.exe from webinstall folder into all your MT4 install folders manually. (assume you have installed many MT4, like ICMarkets, AfterPrime...etc)
  4. Add terminal.exe of MT4 install folders one by one to white list of AV manually.
  5. Launch terminal.exe and click "Help -> About" to confirm the logo is the same with your brokers, if not, go to download MT4 again from your brokers and re-install.
  6. When all steps above done, resume your AV protection, and all done.

Sergey Golubev #:

It is issue which is related to anti-virus software: false alarm.

It was same issue in past, and the traders contacted with anti-virus software developers, and they (anti-virus software developers) fixed this issue.
So, it is not related to Metatrader software developers at all.

My example.
terminal.exe file was deleted by my antivirus software, and I open this antivirus software - Virus Scan - Quarantine - and so on

And I placed this file to the trusted list of this antivirus software program.

Same actions can be done for any (or almost any) antivirus software.

------------------------

I will not write the message to support of this anti-virus software program because they are from Beijing but I do not speak Chinese language.
So, it is more quickly (and effective) to place some files in Trusted List of this software.

It may be same action for any other anti-virus software programs.

It was already discussed.
For example:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

antivirus remove Metatrader5 exe (MT5)

Sergey Golubev, 2020.07.11 17:53

It is false alarm, and it was discussed many times, for example:

And look at this post  with quoted of one post of 6 years ago, and look about what the MetaQuotes checked during this time (it was about MT5/MetaEditor): link with results.

----------------------------

So, I may repeat: it is more quickly (and effective) to place some files in Trusted List of this software, or make this file as an exception, or change anti-virus software to an other one.

Sergey Golubev #:

It was already discussed.
For example:

And look at this post  with quoted of one post of 6 years ago, and look about what the MetaQuotes checked during this time (it was about MT5/MetaEditor): link with results.

----------------------------

So, I may repeat: it is more quickly (and effective) to place some files in Trusted List of this software, or make this file as an exception, or change anti-virus software to an other one.

After hours I had done to fix it on my own computer by adding white list, please understand, I did it because I trust MetaQuotes and using MT4 for years.

But..... when an IB just got a new client and tell he/she to try MT4 before he/she investing his/her money, the virus alarm message is definitely NOT a good news,

the investors may reject IB just for this single reason because they maybe trust their Anti-Virus App more than your MT4, the situation will make IB look like a fraudster.

I know you may think it is not your problem, but please understand, it will really cause some troubles since MT4 is not just for entertainment,

people take serious with it when things about their big money. So, if it is possible, please solve it next update being so kind. Many thanks.

googollien #:

After hours I had done to fix it on my own computer by adding white list, please understand, I did it because I trust MetaQuotes and using MT4 for years.

But..... when an IB just got a new client and tell he/she to try MT4 before he/she investing his/her money, the virus alarm message is definitely NOT a good news,

the investors may reject IB just for this single reason because they maybe trust their Anti-Virus App more than your MT4, the situation will make IB look like a fraudster.

I know you may think it is not your problem, but please understand, it will really cause some troubles since MT4 is not just for entertainment,

people take serious with it when things about their big money. So, if it is possible, please solve it next update being so kind. Many thanks.

Well said .

Also this will not make people use mt5 instead of mt4 . This is a giant sign saying "use a platform other than meta trader" to the unfamiliar user.

Hi,

today I try to run MT4 on my local PC  but bit defender unistall me all 4 platforms for dangerous 3D detections from terminal.exe; all platforms already running on my VPS on real account dont have this problem

I'm not able to locally reinstall MT4 platforms, I really dont understand why one remote activation 3D was started by terminal.exe..

Any solution or fixup to solve problem ?

Thanks

maurizio

You may white list MT4 as the image I have attached.

mauricefx #:

Hi,

today I try to run MT4 on my local PC  but bit defender unistall me all 4 platforms for dangerous 3D detections from terminal.exe; all platforms already running on my VPS on real account dont have this problem

I'm not able to locally reinstall MT4 platforms, I really dont understand why one remote activation 3D was started by terminal.exe..

Any solution or fixup to solve problem ?

Thanks

maurizio

You can follow my steps #11 to resolve the problem:

Bit Defender Anti-Virus Found Something in WebInstall Folder (2024.0218) - Algorithmic Trading - General - MQL5 programming forum - Page 2

If you don't know where is the white list, the last one reply #16 has the screenshots:

Bit Defender Anti-Virus Found Something in WebInstall Folder (2024.0218) - Algorithmic Trading - General - MQL5 programming forum - Page 2

Bit Defender Anti-Virus Found Something in WebInstall Folder (2024.0218)
Bit Defender Anti-Virus Found Something in WebInstall Folder (2024.0218)
  • www.mql5.com
Today my anti-virus show a warning [Gen:Variant.Application.Bundler.Amonetize.124] about terminal.exe in the WebInstall folder...