How do I access the 0th dimension of an array? - page 4

whoowl #Yes, I understand. 25 lines of code instead of 4 to place an order is a very empowering thing. That's 6 times as many advantages and opportunities. How can anyone not love such an overflow of joy.

Ever heard of reusable code, or creating a function to carry it out to your own liking?

You are seeing only what you WANT to "see", and ignoring the "bigger picture"!

When several people, with more experience, more knowledge, and more skill than you, give you the same insistent advice, and you stubbornly deny it ... well, have it your way!

whoowl #:
Yes, I understand. 25 lines of code instead of 4 to place an order is a very empowering thing.
That's 6 times as many advantages and opportunities.
How can anyone not love such an overflow of joy.
there is a MQL4 compatibility library available for the trading system of MQL5.

Basically it gives you all the MQL4 trading functions in MQL5, so that should be covered.

Author is fxsabre and can be found on code base...

It's pretty good actually.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Ever heard of reusable code, or creating a function to carry it out to your own liking?

I have an include file with 1,500 lines of reusable code.
All my EAs include that file and reuse some of its code.
MQL4 can do that too.

Fernando Carreiro #:

When several people, with more experience, more knowledge, and more skill than you, give you the same insistent advice, and you stubbornly deny it ... well, have it your way!
I am not alone. 57k threads in the MT5 forum section vs. 50k in the MT4 section. Not a big difference.

I wonder if people with more experience, more knowledge, and more skill than me don't actually look forward to the day when people like me will no longer be able to code on our own and will have to pay them dearly to do it for us.

The only real problem with MetaTrader is the lack of competition. Whoever enters this market with a platform that caters to actual users rather than programmers will take some 80% of the market in a few months. It's not even that hard. I began to write a prototype some time ago. Yes, me. As lacking as I am. I quit it to mind other projects. I would struggle too much with some parts of it. But I would definitely produce a much more pleasant application than MT5 or even MT4. It's not hard.

Let's just agree to disagree. Thank you for your attention once again.