Seeking Effective Debugging Search Strategies for Code Errors

Hello everyone! I'm currently facing a challenge in identifying errors in my code and I'm curious about the best ways to search for specific topics and solutions. This includes searching both on the web and within the MetaEditor. For instance, I've been advised to use Google search like "site:mql5.com keyword1, keyword2". Are there any other efficient methods or specialized search techniques you would recommend to find targeted information? Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Your topic has been moved to the section: Expert Advisors and Automated Trading
Please consider which section is most appropriate — https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/172166/page6#comment_49114893

You identify errors in the code by ...

1. ... learning the language well (reference the online Book and Documentation).
  2. ... paying attention to the compile errors and warnings. Do not ignore the warnings. Always fix them as they are potential runtime issues.
  3. ... adding "Prints" so that you get output in the log when analysing runtime issues, especially the error codes so that you can reference them in the documentation.
  4. ... using the built-in debugger in MetaEditor to debug your code.
MQL5 programming for traders - MetaTrader 5 algorithmic/automatic trading language manual
MQL5 programming for traders - MetaTrader 5 algorithmic/automatic trading language manual
  • www.mql5.com