Wrongly Triggered pending order

Hello below is mt5 1h chart showing with the blue arrow for mt5 trade history where my pending order was triggered into a live position.

Problem is the price as you can see never even came close to my order price.

Was triggered into a loosing position but price never actually even came close to my entry can someone please explain.

Can Pending orders still be trusted on mt5 !!!!!!!!

You buy at the Ask and sell at the Bid. Pending Buy Stop orders become market orders when hit by the Ask.

The charts show Bid prices only. Turn on the Ask line to see how big the spread is (Tools → Options (control+O) → charts → Show ask line.)

Sergey Golubev #:

You buy at the Ask and sell at the Bid. Pending Buy Stop orders become market orders when hit by the Ask.

The charts show Bid prices only. Turn on the Ask line to see how big the spread is (Tools → Options (control+O) → charts → Show ask line.)

Thanks for feedback

Someone more numerical could correct my math, i know the  1H chart only shows the ask, and i never bothered to add the ask to the diagram i show cause i did not feel it was needed cause as you can see from the blue arrow on the chart, the broker will have to have a spread of over 100% of the price to hit my entry price based on spread. I have never heard of any broker using spread over 100% of the price. If so its new to me and the last time am using a pending order if thats the case.

cheers

It is not a problem of MT5 but your broker setting the prices! Maybe news have increased the spread. Ask your broker!

JamesWoods #: I have never heard of any broker using spread over 100% of the price. If so its new to me and the last time am using a pending order if thats the case.

Most brokers with variable spreads widen considerably at end of day (5 PM ET) ± 30 minutes.
My GBPJPY shows average spread = 26 points, average maximum spread = 134.
My EURCHF shows average spread = 18 points, average maximum spread = 106.
(your broker will be similar).
          Is it reasonable to have such a huge spreads (20 PIP spreads) in EURCHF? - General - MQL5 programming forum (2022)

William Roeder #:

Most brokers with variable spreads widen considerably at end of day (5 PM ET) ± 30 minutes.
My GBPJPY shows average spread = 26 points, average maximum spread = 134.
My EURCHF shows average spread = 18 points, average maximum spread = 106.
(your broker will be similar).
          Is it reasonable to have such a huge spreads (20 PIP spreads) in EURCHF? - General - MQL5 programming forum (2022)

thanks for the info , the spread on this occasion was around 50% of the asset price , asset being natural gas.

I never ever knew broker could raise spread to as high as 50% of the asset price, it makes using pending orders useless, if you could be brought in at almost any price.

50% spread is alarming and totally new to me.

My experience is that soon as you above 15mn chart you really cant see the spread anymore. In this particular case, the spread is several multiples the standard deviation on a 1hour  chart .

I had to close the position immediate as i was brought into trade  on 50% loss from the start. If broker can raise spread to 50% of price , maybe i need to become a broker cause thats free money.