Have I been banned? - page 2

Mustafa Seyyid Sahin #: I kind of respect being blocked now if I download things way too quickly, of course I do it without a script from now on, should I take breaks every now and then or something like that. What happens if I get blocked even though I no longer use it?

You seem to be missing the point!

You are not supposed to be scraping data from the website at all, slowly or otherwise.

Read the articles or other pages online when needed (or print to PDF, only the ones you are researching at the time). You should not be collecting them en masse. Doing so violates the Terms and Conditions and may also be violating Copyrights as well.

3.7. You agree not to use the website www.mql5.com by any means other than through the interface that is provided by MetaQuotes Ltd on www.mql5.com or the MetaQuotes Software interface, unless You have been specifically allowed to do so in a separate agreement with MetaQuotes Ltd. You specifically agree not to access the website www.mql5.com through any automated means, including use of scripts, crawlers, or similar technologies.

Fernando Carreiro #:

You seem to be missing the point!

You are not supposed to be scraping data from the website at all, slowly or otherwise.

Read the articles or other pages online when needed (or print to PDF, only the ones you are researching at the time). You should not be collecting them en masse. Doing so violates the Terms and Conditions and may also be violating Copyrights as well.

3.7. You agree not to use the website www.mql5.com by any means other than through the interface that is provided by MetaQuotes Ltd on www.mql5.com or the MetaQuotes Software interface, unless You have been specifically allowed to do so in a separate agreement with MetaQuotes Ltd. You specifically agree not to access the website www.mql5.com through any automated means, including use of scripts, crawlers, or similar technologies.
Arguably, it could be understood in such way, that only by displaying the webpage in a browser, you are already not complying to terms. MQ itself does not provide an interface, actually it's the browsers interface, and the browser actually automatically downloads (scrapes) the data. It even interprets and processes the data after retrieval and then displays them. So actually, if following strictly the terms of use, you could only use the content of MQs web presence through the terminal.

But of course that's not how it is meant... But that's what it actually states.

EDIT: if continuing this argumentation, then the provided interface is actually the TCP port 80 and 443. So, if I am allowed to use this interface with MQs software, what about an ex4/5 file running inside the MQs terminal? Shouldn't this, in conclusion, actually be covered by terms of use then...

Interesting would be to get an answer from a lawyer what they had to say to such an interpretation. - Because, as I think most people here on the forum can follow my argument.

Dominik Egert #:
Arguably, it could be understood in such way, that only by displaying the webpage in a browser, you are already not complying to terms. MQ itself does not provide an interface, actually it's the browsers interface, and the browser actually automatically downloads (scrapes) the data. It even interprets and processes the data after retrieval and then displays them. So actually, if following strictly the terms of use, you could only use the content of MQs web presence through the terminal.

But of course that's not how it is meant... But that's what it actually states.

EDIT: if continuing this argumentation, then the provided interface is actually the TCP port 80 and 443. So, if I am allowed to use this interface with MQs software, what about an ex4/5 file running inside the MQs terminal? Shouldn't this, in conclusion, actually be covered by terms of use then...

Interesting would be to get an answer from a lawyer what they had to say to such an interpretation. - Because, as I think most people here on the forum can follow my argument.

I just don't understand why that shouldn't be allowed, this data is there to be downloaded, I download it because there is a download sign and it is publicly accessible and I don't upload it in my name but use it privately and make a big one elaboration... This data will be deleted after a few days because it is simply too much. If you need it at short notice, summarize my important points and delete them accordingly.

If you say it's forbidden, tell me and I won't do it. 

(This Translate is not good, hope you understand everything)

Mustafa Seyyid Sahin:
I got HTTP ERROR 403

This is summary blog post about error 403:
Summary: Installation Failed - Error 403 and more

• www.mql5.com
Many traders are using MQL5 VPS , and this VPS is having a lot of advantadges, for example - the traders do not lose activations when they  migrate/synhronize their MT4/MT5 environment to MQL5