The developers who accept the job and stop communicating about the progress

It is so ridiculous that I have posted a job on 26 November 2023, and I'm still waiting for my developer to fix some problems that came up - to this date. More damning that the developer continues finishing other people's programs while I'm waiting for 2 months now. Then there are no easy ways of communicating to the MQL5 community administrators so that they can help me, this is sickening! I understand that we are not cut out of the same material, that's why most of traders cannot code, but treat us with a little of respect. Please. It's a good thing that you guys are expects in writing these technical solutions, while most of us can only trade, but stop holding us hostage. There is nothing that pisses me off as having to wait for so long, the developer sending a message for me to wait a bit more, after a while nogal! If you can't do the job, just say it.

Developers, this thing of being best and proactive only for the first time with a new customer and then feel like you don't care on the second job - should come to an end. 

MQL5 community, we need your email address or some sort of a way to get hold of you, not that slow chatbot on your website. You really can't hire developers and not regulate how long they take to finish the job or if they are in touch with customers. Unless you are also getting a bit proud because you are the "biggest in the game".

I know my account will probably be blocked for saying this.

You can write to the service desk (because we on the forum have nothing to do with that sorry):

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Locked funds in MQL5

Fernando Carreiro, 2024.01.12 23:42

For financial issues, please contact the Service Desk — Contacts and requests >> Create a request >> Finance >> Other question >> write your message

If the deadlines have passed and the developer has not provided a solution or the solution does not meet the technical specifications, you can apply to arbitration to demand your money back

Link

Any dispute can be resolved through arbitration. In any case, the parties can resolve a conflict without contacting the service administration, by selecting one of the three available options.

Link

V. Arbitration Order

1. If dispute arises between the Customer and the Developer, which cannot be solved without the involvement of a third party, any of the parties may apply to arbitration.
  2. Arbitration of disputes is based only on the Requirements Specification and system comments on the confirmation of each step.
  3. The term of accepting the arbitration application is 10 working days. The term of making a decision of the arbitration is not regulated and depends on the actual circumstances of the situation in question.
  4. If necessary, outside experts may be involved and additional materials may be requested. The decision of such a necessity is taken by the resource Administration.
  5. The situation in arbitration is discussed and the decision is made directly in the relevant Application.
  6. The decision of the arbitration shall be final and binding both for the Customer and the Developer.
  7. The arbitration may make one of three decisions:
    1. To complete the job in favor of the Developer: 100% of the amount blocked for a job in question is deducted from the Customer's account, while 90% of this amount is transferred to the Developers account and 10% is the service commission. The job is classified as "Completed" and the feedback can only be given by the Developer.
    2. To cancel the job in favor of the Customer: 10% of the amount blocked for a job in question is deducted from the Customer's account, while the remaining 90% is released; no amount is transferred to the Developer's account and the service commission is 10%. The job is classified as "New" and becomes available to new Developers; the feedback can only be given by the Customer.
    3. To lay the blame for the situation on both parties and split the money in half minus Freelance service commission, namely:
      • 10% of the amount blocked for a job in question is deducted as the Freelance service commission,
      • the remaining 90% of the Agreement sum is divided into two halves: the first half (45% of the Agreement sum) is returned to the Customer's account, while the second half (45% of the Agreement sum) is used to pay the Developer 50% of the original due payment,
      • the job is classified as "New" and becomes available to new Developers; the feedback can be given by both parties - the Developer and the Customer.