WHY has the ability to use signals to demo accounts been removed???? - page 3

I think it is OK to ban Signals that are provided on Demo accounts, that kind of makes sense, because there is an angle of abuse and in these cases, the provider doesn't really have any "skin in the game".

But I think it is a mistake to ban that Signals can be subscribed to on Demo accounts.

I personally use Demo accounts to test a Signal (whether free or paid) for a couple of weeks to be certain that it works with my broker in the right way.

This change means no choice but to (1) pay for the Signal; (2) apply it straight away on a Live account. 

I don't think that is good.

Of course, people will always abuse the system.

If you think that the system is being abused because people are subscribing using a Demo account and then redistributing it to a real account.

Well, people will just subscribe to a low value Live account and then redistribute it again.

In other words, the people that know how to work around the system, will continue to work around the system. And the people that will be disadvantaged are those who really do want to use the system properly, but need some lower risk way to evaluate to do so.

Fernando Carreiro #:
4. Terminal: Disabled support for the Signals service for demo accounts. To access enhanced statistics on your training accounts, use the new trading report . It features a plethora of metrics characterizing your strategy profitability and risks, including growth, balance and equity graphs, diagrams of trade distribution by direction and instruments, and much more.

And what about MT4 users?

My private MT4 signals have vanished lately and their purpose was just to observe metrics. I would be happy to read my statistics directly in the MT4 terminal.

Do not remove the private signal function!

Fernando Carreiro #:

It is exactly because of what you just stated to doing that it was removed. Just like you, there were too many abusing the system.

because when you cope with demo account you can have as much money as you need to copy 100% then copying from that allows you to adjust lot i wanted for each acount and also when you copy to demo account your money is not locked you dont have to worry about you gonna need money to take out and whole thing recalculates because of deposit changes thats why

Fernando Carreiro #:

It is exactly because of what you just stated to doing that it was removed. Just like you, there were too many abusing the system.

How i am abusing it?  seriously i pay for subsription to accound but i use demo acount so i can copy with 100% then i can adjust lot size to my real acout. i dont provide free signal *i copy  TO my demo account. it is no abusing anything. if you dont want simply people to provide free signal you should simply block it at the MQL website level!!!!!

pavol02 #: How i am abusing it?  seriously i pay for subsription to accound but i use demo acount so i can copy with 100% then i can adjust lot size to my real acout. i dont provide free signal *i copy  TO my demo account. it is no abusing anything. if you dont want simply people to provide free signal you should simply block it at the MQL website level!!!!!

You stated before and I quote ... "then redistribute to real accounts" (as in plural, multiple accounts). If you don't see the problem, then there lies the issue.

Anyway, there is no value in arguing any further. MetaQuotes is no longer offering the service, so it is what it is.

PS! By the way, I am not an employee. I'm a normal user. Moderators don't even get paid, so I have no say or "sway" with what MetaQuotes does or does not do.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

The Signals service is in decline

Renat Fatkhullin , 2024.02.03 09:27

We did good analytics on trading account right in the terminal. This is what third-party analyzers were typically used for.

Our report can use a detailed one-minute history of symbols to recalculate the exact characteristics of the account's equity and shows very accurate drawdowns. Third-party services cannot and will not do this.

Therefore, you can safely eliminate the need for external analyzers. To improve signal sales, we will step by step clean up the service, fight pirates, protect sellers and increase the efficiency of the service.

Of course, we will continue to expand the functionality of the built-in reports in MetaTrader 5. We are not discussing MetaTrader 4, since its time has passed and the only advice is to switch to MetaTrader 5.

Fernando Carreiro #:

You stated before and I quote ... "then redistribute to real accounts" (as in plural, multiple accounts). If you don't see the problem, then there lies the issue.

Anyway, there is no value in arguing any further. MetaQuotes is no longer offering the service, so it is what it is.

PS! By the way, I am not an employee. I'm a normal user. Moderators don't even get paid, so I have no say or "sway" with what MetaQuotes does or does not do.

I redistribute it to my multiple real accounts because of risk. I could have one account and use it that way but the Lot increases and i simply cant handle big DDs

I reditribute it to my smaller accounts and the DD is much lower it is purely mental reason. Also i can have account that is higher risk and few with lower risk. and when the higher risk would need to top up i would simply tranfer money from the lower risk accounts. thats what i do . But never mind i pay for 2 subcription but it looks like i just simply move to [redacted] website as provider is there. you just guys lost 2 subsription commisions.i know it is nothing but i see no reason why people cant copy TO (not from) demo accounts. even if i copy to real acount i can still copy to other real acounts simply usint cpier EA as i do now from demo aacount.  you make no sence at all.

Also i am subscribed to sencond subcription and from there i just copy 2 curencies instead all multiple because i hooked it to demo account and from demo acount i can select which curency i want to copy using copier  instead of all of them.

Using copier i can simply adjust lot and copying to demo account i have extra money that wey in case of DD disaster where i dont have to woryy if i withdraw from real acount which is hooked up to MQL service the whole lot recalculate and position partialy close. Simply copying to demo account is much better for cotroling own risk. If MQL would support services as [redacted] website where you can control which FX pair to copy and multiplier there would be no issue.

it is purelly controlling risk, controlling what curency to copy and it is also less metal stress when you can control DD this way.

No1 is abusing anything if MQL simply stopped allowing copying FROM DEMO accounts and not NOT stopped copying to DEMO acounts it would make massive difference.  It would make no difference to MQL commisions.

There are your valid reasons and if you kind of think of it it makes sence 

I used private signals to monitor the monthly growth of my personal account. because the report on the mt4 does not have the monthly separation and percentage. also you mention that reports on mt5 is more advanced. what about old mt4 accounts?   for example 2-3+ years of reports is now gone. 

now I have to export monthly history in excel/csv and calculate those percentage manually there.

Are demo accounts not meant for demonstration?
I understand stopping subscribers to free signals, but totally removing demonstration account statistics for everyone seems a step backwards.
Private signal monitoring of demo accounts was useful, now the solution will be to out source and using another service, which I know MQL5 isn’t keen on like their rules for using other message services and stuff.