WHY has the ability to use signals to demo accounts been removed???? - page 2

Revo Trades #:

I doubt that you said that in your head with a straight face.

1) it isnt free. Most of us are paying the brokers who are paying mq. So that "free" statement is just ignorant or juvenile if you really think that they are free;

2) if you know anything about business, it is often the "free" stuff that is either "value added", or is how most of the paying customers are first introduced to the "paid products". So, that statement about business is just quite ignorant too.

3) i am unsure of this, however, I would bet that a good deal of the free signal accounts are also trading live and paying the brokers who are paying mq. And if this is true, then mq is cutting its own throut by cutting out these customers who previously held private signals.

4) If even just 1 of my statements is true, then, this is just bad business. And it will be the paying customers who will pay extra for the financial loss made by this decision.

You are misleading the people. Because you are not a newbie here so I am on 100% sure that you know the reason.

Example - some posts (machine translation to the English):

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

The Signals service is in decline

Renat Fatkhullin , 2024.01.16 10:10

We are seriously reforming the Signal service for the new release.

There are too many freeloaders and thieves on it.

And this is example of one demo signal (free signal) with more than 1K subscribers (one example only) ... seems, the users liked to increase their demo profit? :)
Or they were using copy trade tools to copy from demo to real account for free?

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

The Signals service is in decline

Vladimir Gulakov , 2024.01.17 20:32

For example, one of the Demo Signals with 1568 subscribers. Although there was always a question, why do people even need to subscribe to Demo? Perhaps these are the very same - the people are using copy trade tools.

1500 подписчиков.

-----------------------------

So, the decision was made related to it:

-----------------------------

New MetaTrader 5 Platform build 4150: Trading report export and new machine learning methods in MQL5 - Merkel Launches the MetroTrader 5 Platform Update for 2016
New MetaTrader 5 Platform build 4150: Trading report export and new machine learning methods in MQL5 - Merkel Launches the MetroTrader 5 Platform Update for 2016
  • www.mql5.com
The metatrader 5 platform update will be released on thursday, january 18, 2024. I am looking forward to the day when mt5 supports 5 more timeframes (d2, d3, d4, w2 and w3) for better multi-time frame analysis when trading long term

Revo Trades #:
next thing mq will do is increase broker and seller fees, if they havent done it already.

Seems, you are trolling here.

It was on this post for the first time where you made the moderators to be responsible - that moderators could not help one user.
But moderators could not help because the user did not provide any technical data to analyze and to help (and you know about it).

The second case is on this thread ...

-----------------------------------------

Stop trolling here on the forum (because the trollers should be banned).

That's worsen.

They lose none by allowing some to trade in Demo. 

Are we not already paying enough through the Brokers and the Brokers pay you?

Com'on 

zjtra:

So I noticed recently that with the update, MT has removed the ability to copy signals to a demo account. 

Reasons why this is a terrible update:

- Can no longer use a demo account with the same broker as the signal provider, in order to copy special symbols. Which I was then able to use a copy trader to trade those special symbols to my main account. Now I cannot subscribe to providers which have a different symbol unless I use a live account with their brokerage, most of which are not available in my country. 

- Can no longer adjust copy proportion properly. Whereas normally I am able to use a larger demo account to proportionally copy at a lower percentage setting, I must now use a live account with a larger balance if I want to copy trade deals to a different account and have them proportionally adjusted with a lower copy percentage.

- Cannot copy multiple signals to diversify signals. Whereas normally I could copy trades from 3 different demo accounts to 1 main accounts proportionally, I now have to create multiple LIVE accounts if I want to follow more than one signal and copy them to a main account, all with live balances. 

This is such a terrible update. WHY. Why would you create this update? This completely ruins everything I have been doing.

Exactly, really bad update honestly. In my case I can't subscribe multiple signals on same account, also lot sizing is problem.

I don't understand the sense of the update, usually i test the signals in my demo account before use it in the real account. Now i can't test them and the comunity don't guarantee nothing.. where is the improvement for the customers? I don't understand..  

I will give my opinion about all the critics that this update is not a good one (because they can't monitor demo accounts).
  • Many of them say "Where is the improvement for customers? What customers? A user with a newly created account who decides to monitor a demo account, what benefit does he/she give to MetaQuotes, is he/she really considered a "customer", has he/she paid for it?
  • The main reason to monitor an account is for statistics, isn't it? Well, for some time now the terminal itself (MT5) has incorporated something called "Reports" (Alt+E) where in your own terminal you get the same statistical information you got before through a signal and with the benefit that there are no servers working 24/5 for free for you.
  • I am a customer because I have bought an EA in the Market and I cannot monitor my demo account to test that EA for which I have paid; Ok, fine, you paid for an EA, but not for a free monitoring service of a demo account that cannot receive subscribers and therefore does not bring any benefit to the company, on the contrary, it is an additional work/expense borne by the company (MetaQuotes).

I could go on giving reasons, for me very obvious reasons, as to why this change/upgrade should not be a problem for anyone, unless you selfishly insist that you want to be given a free service alone with no other argument than "because I'm worth it".

They could have have left demo account in mql5 for monitoring and just remove the ability to copy.

[inappropriate language redacted]

I was using demo account to copy signal and then redistribute to real accounts. by diabling this you made me lose money on 20K accout.

Just have to move away from MQL

Seriously WHY!!!

Julien Gael Alain Lecamp #:
They could have have left demo account in mql5 for monitoring and just remove the ability to copy.

exacly!

@Pavol Kohutik #: I was using demo account to copy signal and then redistribute to real accounts. ... Seriously WHY!!!

It is exactly because of what you just stated to doing that it was removed. Just like you, there were too many abusing the system.