trading in web platform

Hello,

not sure i understand it correctly, why cant i use my broker's MT5 account in web platform? No way to enter a server name. Am i limited to accounts i open with Metaquotes?

desktop apps are so 90's interface, cant stand them. Web platform demo actually looked much more better, though not sure why the limitation.

Also, only this link works: https://www.mql5.com/en/trading
If i go from top menu Trading - terminal, then it loads forever and nothing happens: https://trade.metatrader5.com

Please advise.Thanks

MetaTrader 5 Web Platform
MetaTrader 5 Web Platform
  • www.mql5.com
Connect to your account and trade in financial markets directly from your browser

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

WebTerminal not working!!???

MetaQuotes, 2021.11.11 12:23

Ask you broker please to update web terminal in their side and provide the link to you.

Now each broker have to have it own web terminal.

Same question cant connect FTMO account, cant add text on web terminal neither geometrical forms... I trade USTECH100 i am unable to select it..

If anyone has a solution i would aprreciate..

oh, it doesnt provide access to it :/ shame

For desktop app, i can only say this:

would be very cool if you could simply open a google and read about what's trending in UI designs, right now your desktop soft looks like just taken out of time capsule from 90's :D

Thanks and good luck

caguenme1578L #:

Same question cant connect FTMO account, cant add text on web terminal neither geometrical forms... I trade USTECH100 i am unable to select it..

If anyone has a solution i would aprreciate..

Webterminal?
Solution is on this post (for now - the brokers are having webterminals so ask your broker about it).
trading in web platform
trading in web platform
  • www.mql5.com
Hello, not sure i understand it correctly, why cant i use my broker's MT5 account in web platform? No way to enter a server name...

MKay #:

oh, it doesnt provide access to it :/ shame

For desktop app, i can only say this:

would be very cool if you could simply open a google and read about what's trending in UI designs, right now your desktop soft looks like just taken out of time capsule from 90's :D

Thanks and good luck

If you do not like it - do not use.
MetaQuotes company participated on many exhibitions with Metatrader 5 (MT5) incl Forex Expo in Dubai, and everything was fine with design.
But if you are about MT4 so the support of this old trading terminal was stopped long time ago (this MT4 terminal is supprted by the brokers only).

If you do not like desktop MT5 (and if you do not need MetaEditor in any way) - do not use desktop terminal.
Because MetaQuotes will not provide webterminal to connect to the trading accounts with the brokers (it was the announcement for that in the end of 2021).

It is the brokers who can provide the webterminal for now (ask your broker to provide the link to webterminal to you).