HFT EA in common BROKERS not prop firms - page 2

Miguel Angel Vico Alba #:

That's the point...MetaTrader EAs masquerading as HFTs are nothing more than marketing, because as we've been telling you, technically that's impossible.

Scalping is already a great achievement in MetaTrader, HFT is a fantasy.

Got it. when i see those strategies working its just a normal scalper with very tiny stop loss and trailing. should i compare that with a tick scalping strategy?  and by the way Miguel, i felt ofended by your las response, im not an animal. ill suppose i missundertood your words so lets carry on with topic

Leonardo Guia Gonzalez #Got it. when i see those strategies working its just a normal scalper with very tiny stop loss and trailing. should i compare that with a tick scalping strategy?  and by the way Miguel, i felt ofended by your las response, im not an animal. ill suppose i missundertood your words so lets carry on with topic

It's a phrase related to Trivial Pursuit: ok, we accept octopus as a companion animal. (It was even a TV spot)

A way of saying that even if he's not right, ok, we'll give it to him for not listening to him anymore.

And yes, any strategy should always be tested using real ticks.

Miguel Angel Vico Alba #:

It's a phrase related to Trivial Pursuit: ok, we accept octopus as a companion animal. (It was even a TV spot)

A way of saying that even if he's not right, ok, we'll give it to him for not listening to him anymore.

And yes, any strategy should always be tested using real ticks.

Got it.. 

don´t worry too much about it , HFT bots no longer work with more well-known prop companies, more than a year ago (or more than several years - time flies so fast). If you have other information , please share, but if there is no solid evidence , then it is probably scam marketing or urban legends based on old information. But yes, this part of the story is correct - there really was a time when you could buy the completion of challenges and HFT technology was really used for that. So that always the trial challenges was completed very quickly but you could not use it with your real account after completing the challenge - they were immediately banned you then. As much as I know these holes closed a long time ago. 

I´ll also explain why I think there´s no point in wasting time on it without a big $ and/or good connections. Without looking deeper, then the most certain thing is the arbitrage method in the field of HFT. You have to connect your server directly to the liquidity service provider(s) - for that you have to sign a contract with the liquidity provider(s). Then you can search there for a price difference that you can realize quickly with a profit. Another thing is to sign a contract with only one liquidity provider , then you can becoma a retail broker yourself and mediate transactions between the liquidity provider and the retail trader.

In summary, I can think that brokers use all kinds of cunning HFT systems on us, not the vice versa :D

Can someone explain me what is a tick scalping strategy?

ALLCAPS Text edited by moderator