What circumstances can cause a Stop Loss Order to not trigger? - page 2

Fernando Carreiro #:

Already answered ... can be due to insufficient available liquidity depending on the fill policy defined, or due to a quick transient spike that was too fast for the price to settle and to process the order.

If i am not mistaken, i believe that these will only open market orders if the broker gives 100% same price that you asked for, correct? so if price jumps over your price by even 1 point, i think that you will not get a new order to open?

Revo Trades #:

If i am not mistaken, i believe that these will only open market orders if the broker gives 100% same price that you asked for, correct? so if price jumps over your price by even 1 point, i think that you will not get a new order to open?

This is a very interesting question. I'd like to know the answer to as well.

Revo Trades #: If i am not mistaken, i believe that these will only open market orders if the broker gives 100% same price that you asked for, correct? so if price jumps over your price by even 1 point, i think that you will not get a new order to open?

No, not necessarily! As I stated, it depends on the fill policy that was declared for the order.

Basic Principles - Trading Operations - MetaTrader 5 Help
  • www.metatrader5.com
Before you proceed to study the trade functions of the platform, you must have a clear understanding of the basic terms: order, deal and position...

Fernando Carreiro #:

No, not necessarily! As I stated, it depends on the fill policy that was declared for the order.

ah yes, of course.