Process control with PositionTotal

Hello, I am new to Mql5 and I have a question, I want to open a transaction in Nasdaq and Dow Jones indices, but I want to have at most 1 transaction open from each of them. For example, while the Nasdaq transaction is open, a second Nasdaq transaction should not be opened but the Dow Jones transaction should be opened. Can I do this with positiontotal? Or is there another way? Thank you.

Your topic has been moved to the section: Expert Advisors and Automated Trading
Please consider which section is most appropriate — https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/172166/page6#comment_49114893

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Process control with PositionTotal

Ozgurozen, 2024.01.08 14:22

Hello, I am new to Mql5 and I have a question, I want to open a transaction in Nasdaq and Dow Jones indices, but I want to have at most 1 transaction open from each of them. For example, while the Nasdaq transaction is open, a second Nasdaq transaction should not be opened but the Dow Jones transaction should be opened. Can I do this with positiontotal? Or is there another way? Thank you.

This is the English language forum so write/post in English please (use in-built online translation feature which exists on every post and during the posting process as well).

Alternatively, you can use the the forum in the other language, for example:
Yatırımcılar ve geliştiriciler için MQL5.community forex forumu

MQL5 Forum
MQL5 Forum
  • www.mql5.com
MQL5: Otomatik ticaret sistemleri ve strateji testleri hakkında forum