auto trading is turned off in MetaTrader terminal

Hi, 

I added a trade sub account and now I get the message:  auto trading is turned off in MetaTrader terminal. Placing orders is not possible now. 

Never had this on the main account. The algo trading is ON.

How can I get it working again? tia

mm0079: I added a trade sub account and now I get the message:  auto trading is turned off in MetaTrader terminal. Placing orders is not possible now. Never had this on the main account. The algo trading is ON.

How can I get it working again?

You would only get that message when using a Expert Advisor (EA) or other such MQL program.

So, besides the "Algo trading" button, did you allow trading in the the program's common properties?

Fernando Carreiro #:

You would only get that message when using a Expert Advisor (EA) or other such MQL program.

So, besides the "Algo trading" button, did you allow trading in the the program's common properties?

Thanks. But that is already turned on.

mm0079: I added a trade sub account and now I get the message:  auto trading is turned off in MetaTrader terminal. Placing orders is not possible now. 

In which log window does the message appear — in the "Journal" or in the "Esperts"?

mm0079: I added a trade sub account and now I get ...

Also, what do you mean by "added a trade sub account"?

Fernando Carreiro #:

Also, what do you mean by "added a trade sub account"?

The error is on the chart. I added a separate account for my stocks from the same broker that was what I meant by sub account.

On the attachment you see the error.

Files:
IMG_0219.jpeg  3195 kb

mm0079 #: The error is on the chart. I added a separate account for my stocks from the same broker that was what I meant by sub account. On the attachment you see the error.

Then the message is being reported by the trade manager EA and not the MetaTrader terminal.

The problem may be that your new trading account does not allow trading via an EA, and your trade manager EA is misreporting this as being the terminal permissions instead of the account permissions.

EDIT: Or it could also be misreporting that trading is disabled completely on that symbol or account.

Yes I seems I chose wrong account type when adding an extra account. This does not allow EA's. Will change that and I guess this will be fixed. Thanks for the input folks!

M

Comments that do not relate to this topic, have been moved to "Off-topic posts".