What type of computer power is needed for MT4 Optimization?

Greetings,

I'm using MT4 with around 20 values within my EA. The optimization process typically takes over 5 days, and I'm seeking ways to expedite it. Would upgrading to a new computer with more RAM be a viable solution for this setup?

I'm looking to accelerate the testing process. Any advice or information on improving speed would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

Version 10.0.19045 Build 19045

Other OS Description Not Available

OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Name MSI

System Manufacturer Micro-Star International Co., Ltd.

System Model WF76 11UJ

System Type x64-based PC

System SKU 17L2.1

Processor 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz, 2304 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends International, LLC. E17L2IWS.108, 22/07/2021

Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.19041.3636"

User Name MSI\Manifester

Time Zone Cuba Standard Time

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB

Total Physical Memory 15.7 GB

Available Physical Memory 5.16 GB

Total Virtual Memory 22.2 GB

Available Virtual Memory 4.83 GB

Page File Space 6.50 GB

Your topic has been moved to the section: MQL4 and MetaTrader 4
Please consider which section is most appropriate — https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/172166/page6#comment_49114893

Angelo Duca: I'm seeking ways to expedite it.
  1. EAs : Don't do per tick what you can do per bar, or on open.
    If you are waiting for a level, don't reevaluate, wait until price reaches it (or a new bar starts, and you recalculate.)
    If you are waiting for an order to close, only look when OrdersTotal (or MT5 equivalent) has changed.
              How to get backtesting faster ? - MT4 - MQL4 programming forum (2017)

2. Indicators: Code it properly so it only recomputes bar zero (after the initial run).
              How to do your lookbacks correctly. (2016)
              3 Methods of Indicators Acceleration by the Example of the Linear Regression - MQL5 Articles. (2011)
    Or, reduce Tools → Options (control+O) → Charts → Max bars in chart to something reasonable (like 1K.)

William Roeder #:
  1. EAs : Don't do per tick what you can do per bar, or on open.
    If you are waiting for a level, don't reevaluate, wait until price reaches it (or a new bar starts, and you recalculate.)
    If you are waiting for an order to close, only look when OrdersTotal (or MT5 equivalent) has changed.
              How to get backtesting faster ? - MT4 - MQL4 programming forum (2017)

2. Indicators: Code it properly so it only recomputes bar zero (after the initial run).
              How to do your lookbacks correctly. (2016)
              3 Methods of Indicators Acceleration by the Example of the Linear Regression - MQL5 Articles. (2011)
    Or, reduce Tools → Options (control+O) → Charts → Max bars in chart to something reasonable (like 1K.)

Thank you