use another charecter instead of Wingdings charecters

hi guys,

How Can I Use  ▲ ,  Instead Of Windings characters For an Indicator?

PlotIndexSetInteger(0,PLOT_ARROW,158);
PlotIndexSetInteger(1,PLOT_ARROW,158);

I Want to Use  ▲ and  ▼. Is that possible?

Thanks

Find all Unicode Characters from Hieroglyphs to Dingbats – Unicode Compart
  • Compart AG
  • www.compart.com
All Unicode Symbols with Names and Descriptions on One Page

Your topic has been moved to the section: Technical Indicators
Please consider which section is most appropriate — https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/172166/page6#comment_49114893

Fernando Carreiro #:
Your topic has been moved to the section: Technical Indicators
Please consider which section is most appropriate — https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/172166/page6#comment_49114893

Thanks Man, Did You Have Any Idea For What I Need?

p4rnak #: I Want to Use  ▲ and  ▼. Is that possible?
According to the documentation, the only character set available for the arrows is Wingdings ... "The DRAW_ARROW style draws arrows of the specified color (symbols of the set Wingdings) based on the value of the indicator buffer."
Documentation on MQL5: Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Objects Constants / Wingdings
Documentation on MQL5: Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Objects Constants / Wingdings
  • www.mql5.com
Wingdings - Objects Constants - Constants, Enumerations and Structures - MQL5 Reference - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5

Fernando Carreiro #:
According to the documentation, the only character set available for the arrows is Wingdings ... "The DRAW_ARROW style draws arrows of the specified color (symbols of the set Wingdings) based on the value of the indicator buffer."
Thanks for clearing this up. The documentation is not clear on this, especially the last part of the sentence: "Dynamic changes of the plotting properties allows changing the look of an indicator based on the current situation.".

karatedog #:
Thanks for clearing this up. The documentation is not clear on this, especially the last part of the sentence: "Dynamic changes of the plotting properties allows changing the look of an indicator based on the current situation.".

My take is you can change properties like width, color, wingding code, etc to change the look and feel(as well as its working) of the indicator dynamically based on your needs.