Indicators: wd.Multi_LineMA

wd.Multi_LineMA:

The MT5 custom indicator, named "wd.Multi_LineMA.mq5," is designed to offer traders valuable insights into Moving Average values from a higher timeframe (MTF Multi TimeFrame). It encompasses additional visual features for in-depth analysis, such as the ability to view trails for a specified number of bars and a dynamic MA horizontal price line.

wd.Multi_LineMA

Author: Widy Prasetyo

Very interesting and well put together. Very insightful .Thanks for sharing Widy 

linfo2 #:
Very interesting and well put together. Very insightful .Thanks for sharing Widy 
You're welcome. I hope this MTF Moving Average indicator can speed up and simplify your trading analysis process.

Widy Prasetyo #:
You're welcome. I hope this MTF Moving Average indicator can speed up and simplify your trading analysis process.

thanks from me too. there is plenty of mtf averages on codebase, but all the others can make the chart very messy. And i like the addition of the horzontal lines, very smart.

Good morning
Thank you for this code which I looked at a little.

I'm surprised at this part
         for ( int i = rates_total - ma_Trail; i <= 0 ; i--)
        {
            ma_Buffer[i] = iMA ( _Symbol , MTF_period, ma_period, ma_shift, ma_method, applied_price);
        }

Could you give a little more detail on why you go directly from a handle to a data without going through a copybuffer?

For me, it's quite risky and non-standard

THANKS

Revo Trades #:

thanks from me too. there is plenty of mtf averages on codebase, but all the others can make the chart very messy. And i like the addition of the horzontal lines, very smart.

You're welcome. Have nice trade

Gerard Willia G J B M Dinh Sy #:
Good morning
Thank you for this code which I looked at a little.

I'm surprised at this part

Could you give a little more detail on why you go directly from a handle to a data without going through a copybuffer?

For me, it's quite risky and non-standard

THANKS

Most of my code are purpose for simplicity, that's why if you see all my other indicator uploaded here, mostly using direct approach as possible. In this case, I avoid MT5 creates more copying of data in buffer.

Maybe the risk here if using large data history. But this indicator purpose is for user who need to limiting access history, thats why I add 'ma_Trail'.

So far, all calculation seems correct, but let me know if you found an issue here.

Widy Prasetyo # :

Most of my code are purpose for simplicity, that's why if you see all my other indicator uploaded here, mostly using direct approach as possible. In this case, I avoid MT5 creates more copying of data in buffer.

Maybe the risk here if using large data history. But this indicator purpose is for user who need to limiting access history, thats why I add 'ma_Trail'.

So far, all calculation seems correct, but let me know if you found an issue here.

Good morning
thank you for the explanations

I had done some research on my own, and indeed I saw that for ifunctions which only return a buffer, it was possible.
On the other hand, if more than one return buffer, this shortcut cannot work.

I haven't looked at the calculated values, but I don't see why they wouldn't be good. This is one of many MQL5 black boxes

Very personally, I don't think I would use this form of returning a value instead of a handle.
For error handling is something I don't want to lose sight of
Furthermore, we never know what a code may evolve towards, and these evolutions are not always possible in codes that are too concise.
Afterwards, as said, it's "personal"

Beautiful day