Inquiry on Executing Buy Limit and Buy Stop Orders at a Specific Maximum Price

Hello, I trade trends. In this case, I trade out of the correction phase, but only when the price has already moved somewhat in the direction of the trend. Let’s say the correction phase of an uptrend is over and the price is already rising again and is currently at 1.0700 in EURUSD. Now I want to open a Buy position but do not want to pay more than 1.0702. If I have understood the Buy Limit order correctly, then it does not work here. I can set a limit, but the limit price must be below the current price, i.e., less than 1.0700 or exactly 1.0700. I can use a BuyStop order as the price can be above the current price. This means I can place a BuyStop order at the price of 1.0702. But, if I have understood BuyStop correctly, then this order does not guarantee that I have to pay a maximum of 1.0702, but the order can also be executed at a higher price such as 1.0704. Now my question is, is there a way that I can open a position between 1.0700 and 1.0702 if the price is already rising again?

1. ammer.jens but the limit price must be below the current price, i.e., less than 1.0700 or exactly 1.0700.

You open a buy at the Ask. The market must go below your value by the spread.

2. ammer.jens is there a way that I can open a position between 1.0700 and 1.0702 if the price is already rising again?

There is no need to create pending orders in code.

1. The pending has the slight advantage, A) you are closer to the top of the queue (filled quicker), B) there's no round trip network delay (filled quicker.)

Don't worry about it unless you're scalping M1 or trading news.

2. Humans can't watch the screen 24/7, so they use pending orders; EAs can, so no need for pending orders, have it wait until the market reaches the trigger price and just open an order.

Hello William, thank you for your feedback. I know that one buys with the ask price and sells with the bid price. I scalp in the M1, so I need very precise entries and exits. From what I have read about orders, it seems impossible to set a maximum price for an order, assuming that the price will rise and not as with normal limit orders, that the price first falls to the mentioned limit and then rises again. Maybe there is a workaround for my request? Honestly, I am surprised that there is no solution for this. Many people trade out of correction phases when the price is already rising again, and everyone tries to buy as cheaply as possible, right?!