Is My Understanding of Reverse Trend Line (RTL) and Reverse Trend Channel (RTC) Correct?

Reverse Trend Line: In an up-trend, a Reverse Trend Line is drawn if there are TWO HIGHS before there are two lows. In a down-trend, a Reverse Trend Line is drawn if there are TWO LOWS before there are two highs.

Normal Trend Line: In an up-trend, a Normal Trend Line is drawn if there are TWO LOWS before there are two highs. In a down-trend, a Normal Trend Line is drawn if there are TWO HIGHS before there are two lows.

Is it based on which side the first anchor point develops, or which side the first TWO anchor points develop?

Documentation on MQL5: Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Objects Constants / Methods of Object Binding
Documentation on MQL5: Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Objects Constants / Methods of Object Binding
  • www.mql5.com
Methods of Object Binding - Objects Constants - Constants, Enumerations and Structures - MQL5 Reference - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5

new.metatrader: n if there are TWO HIGHS before there are two lows.

There are a high and a low on every candle. Until you can state your requirements in concrete terms, it can not be coded.

Perhaps you mean two upper fractals before there are two lower fractals.

new.metatrader: Is it based on which side the first anchor point develops, or which side the first TWO anchor points develop?

Anchor points refer to objects.
          Be precise and informative about your problem

Perhaps you mean the last two fractals.

William Roeder #:

There are a high and a low on every candle. Until you can state your requirements in concrete terms, it can not be coded.

Perhaps you mean two upper fractals before there are two lower fractals.

Anchor points refer to objects.
          Be precise and informative about your problem

Perhaps you mean the last two fractals.
By anchor point I mean highs or lows of price movement on the chart. For example, the price goes down and then comes up, like a V shape. The bottom of the V shape is what I refer to as anchor point. In Wyckoff methodology there is this thing called Reverse Trend Line. That's what I was referring to. I'm not looking for any code. I just want to see if my understanding of Wyckoff's Reverse Trend Line is correct.