How to save an EA settings to Mac

Hi there

I am testing a free EA from MQL5, after I have set the settings then click save in the pop up box it then takes me to the PC pop up box to save, but im on a Mac, how do I save the settings to my Mac so that I don't have to re do the settings each time I run the EA ?

Thanks Clinton 

Clinton Lance Peterssen: I am testing a free EA from MQL5, after I have set the settings then click save in the pop up box it then takes me to the PC pop up box to save, but im on a Mac, how do I save the settings to my Mac so that I don't have to re do the settings each time I run the EA ?

MetaTrader is a Windows application and it will always run as an emulated or virtualised application on a Mac or on Linux.

So, just save the file using the Windows dialogue box and load it next time using the same equivalent process via the Windows dialogue box. The default folder for the "settings" files is within MetaTrader's default "Data Folder" location anyway.

You can also save the chart and the EA's current settings as a chart template instead. Both methods are viable.

Fernando Carreiro #:

MetaTrader is a Windows application and it will always run as an emulated or virtualised application on a Mac or on Linux.

So, just save the file using the Windows dialogue box and load it next time using the same equivalent process via the Windows dialogue box. The default folder for the "settings" files is within MetaTrader's default "Data Folder" location anyway.

You can also save the chart and the EA's current settings as a chart template instead. Both methods are viable.

Great, that works.

Thanks Clinton