Custom indicator cannot be loaded on MacBook

Hi guys,

I wrote an indicator in IDE on my MacBook, and it works like a charm. I can add it to plots, and it shows correct data. If I try to load the indicator in a EA, however, I get "cannot load customer indicator [4802]". I try to load the indicator in the EA code like this:

string ind_path=TerminalInfoString(TERMINAL_DATA_PATH)+"\\MQL5\\Indicators\\ABC.mq5"

handle_iCustom=iCustom(Symbol(),Period(),ind_path);

I have tried all possible combinatorial combinations known to me including "/Users/...", "c:\\...", "\\Indicators\\ABC.mq5", with and without ".mq5" at the end, and so on. No way. I always get "4802".  Any clue how to set the correct path on MacBook?

Thanks!

coolprit: I wrote an indicator in IDE on my MacBook, and it works like a charm. I can add it to plots, and it shows correct data. If I try to load the indicator in a EA, however, I get "cannot load customer indicator [4802]". I try to load the indicator in the EA code like this:

It's already in the default indicator folder so there is no need to try to redirect the path

handle_iCustom = iCustom( _Symbol, _Period, "ABC" );

If however it were in a subfolder (e.g. " ..\MQL5\Indicators\MyFolder\ABC.ex5"), then simply use a relative path

handle_iCustom = iCustom( _Symbol, _Period, "MyFolder\\ABC" );
EDIT: Remember that MQL programs are sandboxed, so they don't have access to direct file paths, only relative ones.

Fernando Carreiro #:

It's already in the default indicator folder so there is no need to try to redirect the path

If however it were in a subfolder (e.g. " ..\MQL5\Indicators\MyFolder\ABC.ex5"), then simply use a relative path

EDIT: Remember that MQL programs are sandboxed, so they don't have access to direct file paths, only relative ones.

Hi Fernando!

it worked perfectly(I also deleted the extension as in your example). Thank you very much for saving my time!