Using macbook with MT5 - issues with compiling scripts

Hi all. 

I have been using MT5 for trading my funded account for about 8 months with very little issues. I have a macbook, I use the downloaded MT5.dmg file specifically for mac. 

I have just started getting into EA's, and purchased a few. It seems that the windows version of MT5, once you open the data window, drop in your EA scripts, will compile these scripts to use when you close down and reopen MT5 on windows. 

On Mac this doesn't happen. I have however managed to compile the EA's in the code editor. 

What I am having issues with now, I have downloaded a script that is supposed to be used to export historical data for me to use on an EA studio to backtest. I have opened the data window and copied as instructed, I have also compiled it, without errors, but it is not showing up on the navigator window to use. 

I have added a few screenshots to show you where I am at, any help with what I need to do would be great.

bkennedy74:

Hi all. 

I have been using MT5 for trading my funded account for about 8 months with very little issues. I have a macbook, I use the downloaded MT5.dmg file specifically for mac. 

I have just started getting into EA's, and purchased a few. It seems that the windows version of MT5, once you open the data window, drop in your EA scripts, will compile these scripts to use when you close down and reopen MT5 on windows. 

On Mac this doesn't happen. I have however managed to compile the EA's in the code editor. 

What I am having issues with now, I have downloaded a script that is supposed to be used to export historical data for me to use on an EA studio to backtest. I have opened the data window and copied as instructed, I have also compiled it, without errors, but it is not showing up on the navigator window to use. 

I have added a few screenshots to show you where I am at, any help with what I need to do would be great.

You should find where your .ex5 file is … in your screen shot I can only see mql5 file