Help Understanding Backtest Results with EA/Demo Account

Hello community,

I am new to FOREX, EA's, and MT5.

I have been running a lot of backtests using [name redacted] EA, with amazing results changing the configuration. I have a demo account with the broker and I use a balance of $1000 doing the backtesting.

Every time the test is finished, for example, my balance/equity/free margin all go up to $1500 but profit says $0.00. If balance changes to $1500, aren't I making a $500 profit?

I have looked on YouTube and it seems I am doing everything correct, please assist.

Thanks!

Here is an example. You can see my "$1000" in one month went up to $1800(after I changed lot size from 0.01 to 0.05.
Files:
Capture.PNG  101 kb

The "Profit" column only shows a value while positions are open.

It is not the total profit relative to your initial balance. It is the floating profit of open positions.

Instead, after the test, look at the back-test report for the final statistics.

Please refer to the documentation for more information ...

Fernando Carreiro # :

The "Profit" column only shows a value while positions are open.

It is not the total profit relative to your initial balance. It is the floating profit of open positions.

Instead, after the test, look at the back- test report for the final statistics.

Please refer to the documentation for more information ...

Thank you Master, as I already told you...I am new to Forex, thank you for your information.

Automated translation applied by moderator

russel.sfl #: Thank you Master, as I already told you...I am new to Forex, thank you for your information.

Automated translation applied by moderator

Please post in English. Either use the automatic translation tool, or post in one of the other language forums.