Hello! I'm trying to upload the robot to the marketplace but I get this message : tester takes too long time - what does it mean?

Hello! I'm trying to upload the robot to the marketplace but I get this message : tester takes too long time - what does it mean?

It means you are takes a huge time per tick or never returning from OnTick at all, so the tester can't verify your EA. Fix your broken EA.

1. EAs : Don't do per tick what you can do per bar, or on open.
    If you are waiting for a level, don't reevaluate, wait until price reaches it (or a new bar starts, and you recalculate.)
    If you are waiting for an order to close, only look when OrdersTotal (or MT5 equivalent) has changed.
              How to get backtesting faster ? - MT4 - MQL4 programming forum (2017)

2. Indicators: Code it properly so it only recomputes bar zero (after the initial run).
              How to do your lookbacks correctly. (2016)
              3 Methods of Indicators Acceleration by the Example of the Linear Regression - MQL5 Articles. (2011)

At first I would run the profiling on hist.  data in the editor.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

tester takes too long time

Sergey Golubev, 2022.01.11 07:59

There are errors in your products.
because the validation system is checking everything which was checked in your code (min/max lot size, and more).

There is forum thread about it: Strategy Tester Report not found

..and there is an article:

And some discussion is on this thread:

Automatic checking of products in the Market (questions and suggestions) - page 5

to make it shorter -

Automatic checking of products in the Market (questions and suggestions) - Azerbaijan, CEO of the Eurozone Automated Validation Committee: "No point or justification in lumping all products
Automatic checking of products in the Market (questions and suggestions) - Azerbaijan, CEO of the Eurozone Automated Validation Committee: "No point or justification in lumping all products
  • www.mql5.com
There is no point or justification in lumping all products together. If autovalidation cannot be done without cutting the product, then the only way out is to offer a new version of the product directly to customers