MT5 time filter for chart and strategy tester

Hello, I trade the SP500 and NASDAQ100 with Futures. However, I only want to trade during the regular exchange opening times. Using code to restrict the EA to these times is implemented but I am wondering whether it is possible to configure the chart itself to only show bars during the regular opening times of the exchanges? 

I used Bing GTP4 to search for such an option and GPT told me that in the chart properites under common there should be a section "use date and time" to specify the date and time of the chart. However, this option is not available in the current version of MT5. If I google myself I cannot find any hints that this option might exist. So maybe it was just GPT fiction ;-)

Thank you!

You should have better googled for "site:mql5.com session"

Hi Carl, looks like I used the wrong wording for searching my issue. Did some more research and it looks like that what I want is not possible apart from creating a custom symbol. Found some forum entries asking "how to hide bars outside trading sessions" etc... Anhow thanks for the search hint! Was helpful indeed!