Lot size difference between mt4 and mt5

Hi - have been trading for a year or two now, using MT4 only. When trading GER30 on MT4, *** is broker, 10,000 demo account, I typically use lot size around 0.3. With these parameters 80 points is around $50 profit. Now I am sitting challenge for prop firm funding, and must use MT5, *** is broker. same account size, same lot size (called volume in mt5?) and the trade is only worth a fraction of the profit i am used to. Can anybody explain this? Is it the broker? The platform? Have i done something wrong? i dont want to try and fix by trial and error in case it leads to me failing my challenge. any help appreciated.

Broker names redacted by moderator.

It depends on the contract specifications of the symbol, which can be different between brokers or even between account types (demo, real, cent, pro, ecn, etc.).

You need to read the contract specifications and consider properties like tick size, tick value, calculation type (Forex, CFD, Futures, Stocks, etc.).

Please note, that sometimes these properties are not properly reported in the Specifications window and need to be retrieved via MQL program.

Reason: