what are the options for Color transparency for filling between lines

I am new to MQL5 coding, but found a function called DRAW_FILLING that can be used to fill between lines of indicators (e.g. Bollinger, two emas, etc.). However, the outputs do not look nice when you have two buffers overlapping (e.g. when you want to see two types of Bollinger) because the filling colors cannot be adjusted to be transparent. I found another post, using the packages Canvas, which handles transparencies, but it requires long calculations, and recalculations, of the areas to color code, including transformations of price values to screen units/positions, etc.). In Tradingview, there is a simple function called fill, which simply requires as inputs the two lines to fill, the color, and transparency). Is there such as function in MQL5?. what are the choices when it comes to using semitransparent colors in MQL5?

Camilo Mora:
I am new to MQL5 coding, but found a function called DRAW_FILLING that can be used to fill between lines of indicators (e.g. Bollinger, two emas, etc.). However, the outputs do not look nice when you have two buffers overlapping (e.g. when you want to see two types of Bollinger) because the filling colors cannot be adjusted to be transparent. I found another post, using the packages Canvas, which handles transparencies, but it requires long calculations, and recalculations, of the areas to color code, including transformations of price values to screen units/positions, etc.). In Tradingview, there is a simple function called fill, which simply requires as inputs the two lines to fill, the color, and transparency). Is there such as function in MQL5?. what are the choices when it comes to using semitransparent colors in MQL5?

In MQL Canvas is the unique solution at this point. Hope you have seen this article where there is an Envelope indicator attached. If you need something easy you can replace the buffers by your indicator buffers. And you can find a lot of thing related to canvas in this forum like in this topic "Canvas is cool!".

Canvas based indicators: Filling channels with transparency
Canvas based indicators: Filling channels with transparency
  • www.mql5.com
In this article I'll introduce a method for creating custom indicators whose drawings are made using the class CCanvas from standard library and see charts properties for coordinates conversion. I'll approach specially indicators which need to fill the area between two lines using transparency.

Thanks Samuel,

I indeed found your post, and was the only I found in addition to using bars instead of an area.

However, I did have a hard time making sense of it, I new on this.

With that said, How difficult will be to turn your post into a fucntion requiring as inputs only the two buffers, the transparency and the window? That could make your code much more broadly used. I found numerous people asking exactly this same question with no answer... so a simple fucntion to fill between areas could be broadly used...