MT4 End Of Life - page 7

Vladislav Boyko #:

I asked in that thread. But I believe that with a 98% probability my question will remain unanswered.

On a Russian-language forum, the likelihood of receiving an answer is much higher. The English-language forum is slightly more popular than the Chinese one.

fxsaber #:
On a Russian-language forum, the likelihood of receiving an answer is much higher. The English-language forum is slightly more popular than the Chinese one.

I talked about the small probability because my question concerns MT4 (an outdated platform), the question was asked in the MT5 topic and was addressed to a person who does not have much free time (I think).

But nevertheless, there is an answer:

(Machine translation that may not be accurate)

To close MT4 is not that simple as any one think. MQ will loose big market share if they close MT4. MT5 is not an option to MT4. MQ alredy done grave mistake my refusing MT to prop firms. Now many people got chance to try other platform. Like me, Now I am using Ninja

Alain Verleyen #:

I agree 100%. But you can't discuss with "believers", it's just a waste of time.

To close MT4 is not that simple as any one think. MQ will loose big market share if they close MT4. MT5 is not an option to MT4. MQ alredy done grave mistake my refusing MT to prop firms. Now many people will chance to try other platform. Like me, Now I am using Ninja

If Metaquotes does that then it might be their business going down the drain. There's better competition than MQ5 already and those platforms provide easy code platforms like using python and C# with no limitations on what can be done. MQ4 is like Metaquotes lifeline, I'd say its the only good thing they made that acutally works right. MQ5 has so many problems and disadvantages including lag on many parts plus unnecessary complexity. MQ4 just works. That is how it is, and as a developer. I think if they force the shift, I'll also strongly consider coding for other platforms that are leveraging new tech and ease of use than to battle with MQ5 just to make some people happy. I think if they relook at why we all love MQ4 and MT4 than the forced bloated MQ5 and MT5, they may just avoid losing thousands of life-long clients and customers. 

Myself as a developer don't like MT5 and even though I did try it over many iterations I concluded it a bad product altogether. 

rajhans10 #:
To close MT4 is not that simple as any one think. MQ will loose big market share if they close MT4. MT5 is not an option to MT4. MQ alredy done grave mistake my refusing MT to prop firms. Now many people will chance to try other platform. Like me, Now I am using Ninja

My thoughts exactly, shutting down MQ4 is analoguous to them shutting down their business as we know it. Once that's official if it comes, well, I'd just port my EAs and Indicators to more universal platforms that readily assimilate automation and code using flexible languages like python and C#. Essentially if I was Metaquotes, I'd revisit MQ4 and put back the C++ the engineers snooked out and make it fully compliant with C++ allowing complex data structures and removing dead weight fromt he MT4 app so that it's lightning fast. I'd add more features like allowing coders to manipulate candles one by one such as if one wanted to take over their drawing modes and color one or two individual candles in a series etc, than thinking of cutting off their own decades long lifeline just to push something very few people would take knowingly, and that is MQ5. MQ4 is fine, it just needs brute force and liberal upgrades and optimization. But we all think differently and gaps like these open up real jobs for us coders as such a gap would open up a real market to challenge the whole Metatrader idea.