How do you disable your EA on high impact news? - page 2

SG_TRADING #: I see, I thought this was an automotive setting on MT4...makes sense now. Just turn it off manually, got it. lol 

Automotive? No, MetaTrader is not a car, truck, moto-cycle on any such vehicle 😂

Yes, I know you meant "automated", but no, MetaTrader (neither 4 nor 5) has any kind of "News automation".

MetaTrader 5 does however, offer direct access to a news calender via built-in MQL5 programming which allows developers to add some measure of news event automation to their EAs if they wish.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Automotive? No, MetaTrader is not a car, truck, moto-cycle on any such vehicle 😂

Yes, I know you meant "automated", but no, MetaTrader (neither 4 nor 5) has any kind of "News automation".

MetaTrader 5 does however, offer direct access to a news calender via built-in MQL5 programming which allows developers to add sHome measure of news event automation to their EAs if they wish.

Haha you get what I mean lol. Thanks for the help :)

Fernando Carreiro #:

Is that not the same thing?

If the EA does not have any automated way to do it, then you have to disable it manually as I have described.

hi i have some questions and similar problem like SG_TRADING

so what if i disable the EA and have a running trade? should i close it, or leave it?

And what if the news usually comes when i sleep? Can we disable EA from mobile phone?

stanleya1392 #:
hi i have some questions and similar problem like SG_TRADING

so what if i disable the EA and have a running trade? should i close it, or leave it?

And what if the news usually comes when i sleep? Can we disable EA from mobile phone?

Fix your EA to trade only in low or medium impacted news events.