HELP TakeProfits Conditions

When I open a trade with the OrderSend() command, there is the basic command to perform the stop loss. In general I insert either a classic stop loss like: "Ask+100*_Point", or through a variable that I would have previously defined via the "extern int" command.

Now i would like to go further and develop my TakeProfit conditions in my script.

I would like to expand the conditions and write these conditions in this simple line of code. for example, I would like my trade to close if the SMA200 goes above the SMA20 for example.

To do this I think of defining a variable that I would call "TakeProfit Conditions" and that I would define like this:

int extern TakeProfitConditions. I will insert it later in the conditions of the OrderSend function. The problem is that i don't know how to define the conditions in the variables  "TakeProfit Conditions" that I defined.

How can I code this ?

Thanks

1. Greg MK: In general I insert either a classic stop loss like: "Ask+100*_Point",

You buy at the Ask and sell at the Bid. Pending Buy Stop orders become market orders when hit by the Ask.

1. Your buy order's TP/SL (or Sell Stop's/Sell Limit's entry) are triggered when the Bid / OrderClosePrice reaches it. Using Ask±n, makes your SL shorter and your TP longer, by the spread. Don't you want the specified amount used in either direction?

2. Your sell order's TP/SL (or Buy Stop's/Buy Limit's entry) will be triggered when the Ask / OrderClosePrice reaches it. To trigger close at a specific Bid price, add the average spread.
                MODE_SPREAD (Paul) - MQL4 programming forum - Page 3 #25

3. The charts show Bid prices only. Turn on the Ask line to see how big the spread is (Tools → Options (control+O) → charts → Show ask line.)

Most brokers with variable spreads widen considerably at end of day (5 PM ET) ± 30 minutes.
      My GBPJPY shows average spread = 26 points, average maximum spread = 134.
      My EURCHF shows average spread = 18 points, average maximum spread = 106.
      (your broker will be similar).
                Is it reasonable to have such a huge spreads (20 PIP spreads) in EURCHF? - General - MQL5 programming forum (2022)

2. Greg MK: The problem is that i don't know how to define the conditions in the variables  "TakeProfit Conditions" that I defined. How can I code this ?

Until you can state your requirements in concrete terms, it can not be coded.

Greg MK:

When I open a trade with the OrderSend() command, there is the basic command to perform the stop loss. In general I insert either a classic stop loss like: "Ask+100*_Point", or through a variable that I would have previously defined via the "extern int" command.

Now i would like to go further and develop my TakeProfit conditions in my script.

I would like to expand the conditions and write these conditions in this simple line of code. for example, I would like my trade to close if the SMA200 goes above the SMA20 for example.

To do this I think of defining a variable that I would call "TakeProfit Conditions" and that I would define like this:

int extern TakeProfitConditions. I will insert it later in the conditions of the OrderSend function. The problem is that i don't know how to define the conditions in the variables  "TakeProfit Conditions" that I defined.

How can I code this ?

Thanks

OrderSend() will not take any conditions … it can only  take a price for SL and TP… 

Greg MK:

How can I code this ?

Thanks

The approach has several steps .

By wanting to have a "TP conditions" parameter i assume you want to be able to have a normal TP and an MA TP so , first you will code that switch with an enumeration

enum tp_mode{
tp_mode_none=0,//nothing
tp_mode_points=1,//points
tp_mode_cross=2//ma cross
};

input tp_mode TPMode=tp_mode_points;//Select TP Method : 

Then you will need to remember the trades your system takes and what the alignment of the MAs is , although i imagine if you want to TP when MAs cross then you enter on the opposite alignment .

Then you will need a control block where if the TP mode is with MAs you go over your trades when a new bar forms and check the MA alignment , and , close accordingly if needed.