EA perfroming incorrectly through VPS

Hi all.

I'm experiencing a problem with an EA I'm currently running on my live account through mql5 VPS. There is a trade running for 5 days now, but when I run it through strategy tester, it should have ended 3 days ago and 2 more trades should have been opened in the mean time. Also, my manual tests show the tester is correct. Any idea what might be causing this?

Thanks

MQL5 VPS is "Metatrader in cloud". Yes, it is the other Metatrader, and if EA is runing on MQL5 VPS so it is running on "Metatrader in cloud".

And it may be the differences with performance between the strategy tester and live trading with same broker/server/trading account for MT5
(and it is different for MT4 in many cases). Besides, it depends on how EA was coded.

There are many threads on the forum about it (with the discussion related to this subject).

Sergey Golubev #:
MQL5 VPS is "Metatrader in cloud". Yes, it is the other Metatrader, and if EA is runing on MQL5 VPS so it is running on "Metatrader in cloud".

And it may be the differences with performance between the strategy tester and live trading with same broker/server/trading account for MT5
(and it is different for MT4 in many cases). Besides, it depends on how EA was coded.

There are many threads on the forum about it (with the discussion related to this subject).

Thanks

Sergey Golubev #:

Wait... are you saying that my situation is common in sense that, if everything is ok with the EA, it is normal for mql5 Vps mt5 to run a trade 3 days longer than it should and not open 2 more trades?

Marijan Tolusic #:

Wait... are you saying that my situation is common in sense that, if everything is ok with the EA, it is normal for mql5 Vps mt5 to run a trade 3 days longer than it should and not open 2 more trades?

I agree that you should investigate/research this situation. But this MQL5 VPS is nothing more than a cloud (for example - one file is in cloud; OneDrive ... Amazon ... cloud). And Metatrader is installed inside this cloud installed. So, this Metatrader in cloud = MQL5 VPS.

This cloud can not produce the bug in EA (in case it is connected all the time for example) ... because it is the cloud only.
Anyway, your can check it in MQL5 VPS journals; two journals are there (not Metatrader journal; it is MQL5 VPS journals):

• EA's journal (for some issue with the EA), 
  • and the general journal (for some issue with the disconnection of the cloud; if it is happened during for some time for the long time - you can change the VPS server to an other one for example).

-------------------

You can backtest your EA with "every tick based on real ticks" mode with same trading account (same broker's server) and same conditions/parameters (just to check about what you are checking now).
Because the backtesting the EA with "every tick based on real ticks" mode = trading with using the broker's ticks/data.

• Yes, it is possible for the EA to perform the differently from the backtesting in MT5 ("every tick based on real ticks" mode). But it is very rare case, and it is related to how the EA was coded for example (and how many ticks were downloaded to your home Metatrader compare with "Metatrader in cloud" ... and may be - some more).
  • But in case of MT4 - it is the norma when the EA is trading the differently than backtesting.

-------------------

I just explained to you everything according to my experience only.

But MQL5 VPS is the cloud only ... and it is same Metatrader but in the cloud.

Sergey Golubev #:

I agree that you should investigate/research this situation. But this MQL5 VPS is nothing more than a cloud (for example - one file is in cloud; OneDrive ... Amazon ... cloud). And Metatrader is installed inside this cloud installed. So, this Metatrader in cloud = MQL5 VPS.

This cloud can not produce the bug in EA (in case it is connected all the time for example) ... because it is the cloud only.
Anyway, your can check it in MQL5 VPS journals; two journals are there (not Metatrader journal; it is MQL5 VPS journals):

• EA's journal (for some issue with the EA), 
  • and the general journal (for some issue with the disconnection of the cloud; if it is happened during for some time for the long time - you can change the VPS server to an other one for example).

-------------------

You can backtest your EA with "every tick based on real ticks" mode with same trading account (same broker's server) and same conditions/parameters (just to check about what you are checking now).
Because the backtesting the EA with "every tick based on real ticks" mode = trading with using the broker's ticks/data.

• Yes, it is possible for the EA to perform the differently from the backtesting in MT5 ("every tick based on real ticks" mode). But it is very rare case, and it is related to how the EA was coded for example (and how many ticks were downloaded to your home Metatrader compare with "Metatrader in cloud" ... and may be - some more).
  • But in case of MT4 - it is the norma when the EA is trading the differently than backtesting.

-------------------

I just explained to you everything according to my experience only.

But MQL5 VPS is the cloud only ... and it is same Metatrader but in the cloud.

Thank you for taking your time with my issue. I've taken actions with EA, it's being looked at. I came here first because I assumed there is something wrong with VPS. And the reason for that assumption is that everything worked fine for two weeks. I mean trades were accurate to the tick when compared to the tester. But then this problem happenend 5 days ago, and nothing was changed nor added to my account, EA or my platform in the mean time. Thanks for your suggestions, Sergey.

Your can check two journals (MQL5 VPS journals) about what was happened in that time for example.
Reda this summary post for the general information.
VPS testing and monitoring
VPS testing and monitoring
  • www.mql5.com
Hello, I am new to VPS. I have migrated my EA to VPS and can see that VPS is running...