Do you know any free tool that offers a metatrader5 automated backtesting?

I know this sounds weird since we have a built in strategy tester, but what i want is to have a program that we select for example our metatrader terminal and also select the robot we want to run and to seperate backtestings, at the start of each week or each month, and at the end of backtesting

to generate results for each week we backtested our EA.

coodingal:

I know this sounds weird since we have a built in strategy tester, but what i want is to have a program that we select for example our metatrader terminal and also select the robot we want to run and to seperate backtestings, at the start of each week or each month, and at the end of backtesting

to generate results for each week we backtested our EA.

One solution is creating a batch file to execute stratester several times for your selected periods.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/127577

Starting strategy tester through command line parameters? - Can I start a backtest from the command line?
Starting strategy tester through command line parameters? - Can I start a backtest from the command line?
  • www.mql5.com
Is there a possibility to start a backtest from the command line. Any other idea, how i could start a backtest from outside. @phillip thank you for this info you've provided 10 years ago. I have in among others the following lines in the common