Indicators: Moving Average with alerts on price crossovers

Moving Average with alerts on price crossovers:

I wanted to build a moving average which would create an alert when the price moves over the line by a user defined amount of points. It creates both bullish and bearish signals depending on the direction of market price moving through the MA. It is optimized on all timeframes, but really designed for slow length moving averages (default is 200-day MA).

Moving Average with alerts on price crossovers

Author: phade

Hi there i used your EA and tested it. i liked your idea and would be better if you improve certain things if the length of the MA would be 44 .2> if the ea not only functions on the crossover but it does when the rising graph 44MA crosses the bullish candle then buy and if the falling  graph of 44MA crosses the bearish candle then sell.setting the p/l to 2:1. I am telling this by my experience in trading, even though i started making EA on meta trader 5 some weeks ago.

Yo Lo #:

Hi there i used your EA and tested it. i liked your idea and would be better if you improve certain things if the length of the MA would be 44 .2> if the ea not only functions on the crossover but it does when the rising graph 44MA crosses the bullish candle then buy and if the falling  graph of 44MA crosses the bearish candle then sell.setting the p/l to 2:1. I am telling this by my experience in trading, even though i started making EA on meta trader 5 some weeks ago.

Well this is just an indicator as of now not an expert. I didn't want to make this into an EA because not all signals are perfect especially if there is too much market noise. With an EA I would rather have confluence with multiple algorithms to make sure it's reliable, I think this alone is too simple to be a fully functioning EA because there is no exit signal. This indicator is only for entry signals and does not include risk management features.

This is a great little indi. (MAcrossAlerterV2).

I do wonder why you restricted it to just SMA. ?

I would have liked to use EMA.

For me the arrows are the wrong way around as I trade a bounce strategy. (Just a comment, not a critisism as this is described as a MACross indi. I can simply "no colour" the arrows)

Also there is no longer any alert info/type choice.?

For reasons unknown MACrossAlerter would not show on the charts (market currently closed so maybe it will on Monday ?)

Steve Ferguson #:

This is a great little indi. (MAcrossAlerterV2).

I do wonder why you restricted it to just SMA. ?

I would have liked to use EMA.

For me the arrows are the wrong way around as I trade a bounce strategy. (Just a comment, not a critisism as this is described as a MACross indi. I can simply "no colour" the arrows)

Also there is no longer any alert info/type choice.?

For reasons unknown MACrossAlerter would not show on the charts (market currently closed so maybe it will on Monday ?)

This was one of my first submissions where bugs and such were not accounted for, also I could make better alert options, so I might make a new version (v3)