EA in one terminal and trading trought a second with the same credentials

Hello guys.. have a little problem and need some help. 

I have this EA (drawdown protector) in one terminal and i trade through another but with the same credentials.

According to research, it is supposed to work like this and when i reach the daily loss limit, the EA gets in the way and stop me to keep trading. When the EA is in the same terminal, its easy to delete it and keep going.

I did allow AlgoTrading on both terminals and made sure the configuration was right but it didn't work. 

So i have some doubts and if someone could debate, would be nice.

1. the terminal with the EA its logged in but the PC its off. Is that a problem?
  2. i have another EA in the terminal where i actually trade. Is that a problem?
  3. is there any specific configuration around all that which i am not aware?

thank you in advance

Daniel

danielima30:

Helow guys.. have a little problem and need some help. 

I have this EA (drawndown protector) in one terminal and i trade trought another but with the same credentials.

According to research, it is supposed to work like this and when i reach the daily loss limit, the EA gets in the way and stop me to keep trading. When the EA is in the same terminal, its easy to delete it and keep going.

I did allow algotrading on both terminals and made sure the configuration was right but it didnt work. 

So i have some doubts and if someone could debate, would be nice.

1. the terminal with the EA its logged in but the PC its off. Is that a problem?
  2. i have another EA in the terminal where i actually trade. Is that a problem?
  3. is there any specific configuration arount all that wich i am not aware?

thank you in advance

Daniel

The EA can only work in the terminal it is attached (but it will close any trades that you've opened from another terminal on the same account, if it works properly) and will stop working if you close the terminal and/or the computer.

If you want to keep it active, then use MQL5 VPS to migrate it to it and it will work even if you close the terminal or your computer.

Have in mind that you can't migrate EAs that require dlls in MQL5 VPS.