Scam EAs in Market - page 4

Miguel Angel Vico Alba #:

Why do you interpret that the use of AI in an EA is obligatorily linked to ChatGPT?

Beyond ChatGPT, AI has been used for several decades to a greater or lesser extent.

I'm aware of that, but in this specific example, ChatGPT is used to forecast the market, if we believe the author's advertisement.

There are some logic gaps in this product. The 48-month history rises perfectly smooth like butter. 

So why wait 4 years to publish it? Just to integrate ChatGPT that was released a few months ago? Then this "forecast feature" has nothing to do with the trading of the past 4 years.

It must be said that the authors are getting more and more clever to cheat the customers. They have years of experience, and most customers do not. 

It is really difficult, even for Metaquotes, to establish a certain quality standard here when they work with all available tricks and even brokers help in the game (unproven but obvious).

Daniel Stein #:

I'm aware of that, but in this specific example, ChatGPT is used to forecast the market, if we believe the author's advertisement.

There are some logic gaps in this product. The 48-month history rises perfectly smooth like butter. 

So why wait 4 years to publish it? Just to integrate ChatGPT that was released a few months ago? Then this "forecast feature" has nothing to do with the trading of the past 4 years.

It must be said that the authors are getting more and more clever to cheat the customers. They have years of experience, and most customers do not. 

It is really difficult, even for Metaquotes, to establish a certain quality standard here when they work with all available tricks and even brokers help in the game (unproven but obvious).

If they find a way to "enforce" that they will also weed out the real neural network eas . The authors will then have to resort to files being loaded per config externally (by user input) and they will lose the default demo functionality and the sales that result from that . I imagine part of the advantage the "scams" have (the real scams) is that the user clicks on test and it goes up , they must alter no parameters , no need to read any instructions ,even if they test it by accident while browsing its appealing.

Daniel Stein #:

In the title of the signal it says that the AI Filter is not used, so the author could finally be being honest. Time will tell.

Otherwise I agree with you. Customers have to jump through too many hoops before they find a genuine product and it is difficult for MetaQuotes to control.

Daniel Stein #:
It is fascinating how a very urgent and debatable topic is pushed into the background by a single person because he absolutely has to be right (on a completely uninteresting side issue).

Just to go back to our main topic, "Scam EAs"

Today a new EA appeared claiming to use AI and presenting a “live track record of 48 months.

If we stick to the fact that the in this case used, ChatGPT is available to the public for several months only - I'm seriously wondering how this AI magic can trade live 4 years back.

How is that possible, if we consider that the used AI wasn't available at the time this EA started?

So my question is, is it possible that “cooperative” brokers set up a “live account” that is purely based on backtest data?

I'm just thinking loud...
Arguably... Yes, indeed.

An AI/NN is a function f(x) = y...

I really get your point. Now let's say, they used GPT for coding and/or generating an AI/NN, if you fit it to a generalized dataset, it could be argued it is not over fitted, but actually "detecting" features that are relevant to changes/reversals/continuations in the market. This could be also working on more historical data. Which could be even seen for a proof of working concept/fitting.

Nether the less, I was thinking if it were possible to build an EA/Service that enables the detection of scam EAs. Something along the lines of creating a custom symbol with interchanged and shifted data, to create a Datastream that a developer could impossibly foresee and therefore an overfitting would be revealed. Also preconfigured open/close sequences could be found this way.

One major issue is for sure, what is a scam? This is for sure including a gray scale where, as mentioned by Lorenzo's, the developer is not even aware of an overfitting. The problem I see here is the fact of general working versus slightly over fitted. From what point onwards is it a scam?

But I am sure, a good analysis environment for evaluating EAs for sure includes some scale, from 0.0 to 1.0, or non Scam to def scam. With an area where the result is questionable.

Such an environment could include also a general, centralized statistic database to evaluate the results against.

Could be a very interesting project.

Dominik Christian Egert #:
Arguably... Yes, indeed.

An AI/NN is a function f(x) = y...

I really get your point. Now let's say, they used GPT for coding and/or generating an AI/NN, if you fit it to a generalized dataset, it could be argued it is not over fitted, but actually "detecting" features that are relevant to changes/reversals/continuations in the market. This could be also working on more historical data. Which could be even seen for a proof of working concept/fitting.

Nether the less, I was thinking if it were possible to build an EA/Service that enables the detection of scam EAs. Something along the lines of creating a custom symbol with interchanged and shifted data, to create a Datastream that a developer could impossibly foresee and therefore an overfitting would be revealed. Also preconfigured open/close sequences could be found this way.

One major issue is for sure, what is a scam? This is for sure including a gray scale where, as mentioned by Lorenzo's, the developer is not even aware of an overfitting. The problem I see here is the fact of general working versus slightly over fitted. From what point onwards is it a scam?

But I am sure, a good analysis environment for evaluating EAs for sure includes some scale, from 0.0 to 1.0, or non Scam to def scam. With an area where the result is questionable.

Such an environment could include also a general, centralized statistic database to evaluate the results against.

Could be a very interesting project.

Great idea . Maybe something with uploading the onnx model could be done too , if the server was "airtight" of course  , so you get in the AI/NN category if you upload the model , but then you have issues when you update it , weights change etc . If i were they i would actually enforce the rule about promising $$$ , that's step 1 and that's the first thing a scammer will advertise.

Lorentzos Roussos #:

Great idea . Maybe something with uploading the onnx model could be done too , if the server was "airtight" of course  , so you get in the AI/NN category if you upload the model , but then you have issues when you update it , weights change etc . If i were they i would actually enforce the rule about promising $$$ , that's step 1 and that's the first thing a scammer will advertise.

No, that's way to specific.

I was thinking of handling the EA itself, as it is, as it comes from market.

The service creates some special symbols. Like EURUSD but uses AUDCAD and applies a relative shift to the prices as well as to the time scale.

Now you test the EA from market against this symbol and then you load the tester detailed report into the service. Then you run another test of the market EA with the real EURUSD data. And you upload this detailed report again to the service. (Service being a local MT Service)

Now the service knows the differences between both symbols and can now check if the test results have the same shift or if they drift apart.

From this comparison it should be possible to derive a type of quality index for the EA tested. And this should enable you to derive if the EA is a scam or not.

Also this test could now be uploaded to a central server and stores there, with the results. This could be used to gauge other results against an total average of all products tested, and this could give you an overall ranking of the algorithms quality.

Has nothing to do with specific NN/AI, but simply with an overall performance of the underlying algorithm in use.

Dominik Christian Egert #:
No, that's way to specific.

I was thinking of handling the EA itself, as it is, as it comes from market.

The service creates some special symbols. Like EURUSD but uses AUDCAD and applies a relative shift to the prices as well as to the time scale.

Now you test the EA from market against this symbol and then you load the tester detailed report into the service. Then you run another test of the market EA with the real EURUSD data. And you upload this detailed report again to the service. (Service being a local MT Service)

Now the service knows the differences between both symbols and can now check if the test results have the same shift or if they drift apart.

From this comparison it should be possible to derive a type of quality index for the EA tested. And this should enable you to derive if the EA is a scam or not.

Also this test could now be uploaded to a central server and stores there, with the results. This could be used to gauge other results against an total average of all products tested, and this could give you an overall ranking of the algorithms quality.

Has nothing to do with specific NN/AI, but simply with an overall performance of the underlying algorithm in use.

ow i thought you meant a generated EURUSD chart based on EURUSD price action . 

No then i disagree . This is the method the "saviors of clients (come buy mine not theirs)" use . 

So as in the first reply : There is no way for a neural net using ea (or ml using ea) with an internal configuration to know which model to load other than reading the symbol (as in which symbol its trading on).

If you have good models per symbol and the service uses AUDCAD instead of EURUSD then they will brand you a scammer automatically. 

This is the nuance missed by many that you can't tell if its a history reader or has an internal ML config for real , and it goes the other way around too. 

Guys, this topic is not really about AI or NN or ChatGPT.

There is no way to avoid someone to try to scam others beforehand. There is also no way to detect that automatically and reliably, you will always have false positive and false negative.

What could be done is to request higher standards for the EA being published, like a minimum track records (and even there you will see people trying to cheat).

An other thing to do is to invest for time to investigate the complaints, but that's a difficult problem because you will have all kind of fake complaints against honest products fro example. And even honest complaints are not necessarily meaning the product is a scam.

It's a very difficult issue to deal with.

Lorentzos Roussos #:

ow i thought you meant a generated EURUSD chart based on EURUSD price action . 

No then i disagree . This is the method the "saviors of clients (come buy mine not theirs)" use . 

So as in the first reply : There is no way for a neural net using ea (or ml using ea) with an internal configuration to know which model to load other than reading the symbol (as in which symbol its trading on).

If you have good models per symbol and the service uses AUDCAD instead of EURUSD then they will brand you a scammer automatically. 

This is the nuance missed by many that you can't tell if its a history reader or has an internal ML config for real , and it goes the other way around too. 

Well, either I am not understanding your point, or thats exactly what I was trying to aim at.

You generate a Symbol, EURUSD, using some other symbols data, like AUDCAD and you apply a shift, so that it has values comparable to EURUSD. Then you apply a time shift as well (Maybe not even necessary, but anyways). 

Now you let the EA run on this synthetic symbol in a backtest. Even if the EA should detect based on the price stream, it is EURUSD and loads the corresponding NN, if it is overfitted, it will fail, if it is not overfitted, it will succeed, because it is able to identify the relevant features.

Now by the detailed report it should be able, when compared to the detailed report of the real EURUSD results, if the EA is a history-reader or has an overfitted NN....

Both should be now quantifyable by applying such a method. And this is your measurement value, normalized to 0.0 to 1.0 (Or as percent 0% to 100%) And therefore give you a good reliability interpretation of the underlying algorithm.

Alain Verleyen #:

Guys, this topic is not really about AI or NN or ChatGPT.

There is no way to avoid someone to try to scam others beforehand. There is also no way to detect that automatically and reliably, you will always have false positive and false negative.

What could be done is to request higher standards for the EA being published, like a minimum track records (and even there you will see people trying to cheat).

An other thing to do is to invest for time to investigate the complaints, but that's a difficult problem because you will have all kind of fake complaints against honest products fro example. And even honest complaints are not necessarily meaning the product is a scam.

It's a very difficult issue to deal with.

Right, there are certainly a whole bunch of issues in evaluating the product as a whole, but evaluating the quality of the underlying algorithmic decision making should very well be quantifyable. - At least I have the impression this should be feasable.