Is it possible to design an EA using MT5 without the source code of an indicator?

Hello everyone,

I have recently encountered a question while designing an Expert Advisor (EA) using MetaTrader 5 (MT5), and I would like to discuss and seek help from all of you.

My question is, can we create an EA in MT5 without having access to the source code or program of a specific indicator? In other words, I have a particular indicator in mind, but I do not possess its related source code or program. I would greatly appreciate it if you could share any relevant information, suggestions, or resources.

Thank you all in advance!

Superyunlei:

Hello everyone,

I have recently encountered a question while designing an Expert Advisor (EA) using MetaTrader 5 (MT5), and I would like to discuss and seek help from all of you.

My question is, can we create an EA in MT5 without having access to the source code or program of a specific indicator? In other words, I have a particular indicator in mind, but I do not possess its related source code or program. I would greatly appreciate it if you could share any relevant information, suggestions, or resources.

Thank you all in advance!

Yes, you can. - Use iCustom() to load the binary ex5 indicator file.