What kind of connection does Metatrader use? - page 2

Majid Eany #:
my country not have a good internet connection.

I must use a VPN.

my robot needs to update news from the Forex factory calendar but can't connect to this site.

In some cases you can use some of the news and calendar related libraries built in by mql5 instead.  I think a way to make the most of the source code and libraries available on mql5 is the most optimal for writing EA code.  That's my personal advice

Notice that's my problem.
When I use VPN, filtering is circumvented. But the problem is, though the VPS browser shows the page (Forex Factory Calendar). Metatrader can't download news. So I want to know what Metatrader protocol connected to the Internet. To suit it to use a specific VPN or specific settings. So that Metatrader can be connected through its own connection.

Majid Eany #:
When I use VPN, filtering is circumvented. But the problem is, though the VPS browser shows the page (Forex Factory Calendar). Metatrader can't download news. So I want to know what Metatrader protocol connected to the Internet. To suit it to use a specific VPN or specific settings. So that Metatrader can be connected through its own connection.

No. - You are asking the wrong questions.

First of all, the connection MetaTrader uses is not of relevance to your problem. - The EA connects using (of course) HTTP(s) for retrieving the calendar data from ffcal.

You should check the expert-tab for errors and messages related to the failed download. - If its a market product, and you have no access to the source, you will need to contact the developer and ask for help.

If its your code, and you have the source, you could ask for help in solving a coding issue here. - Or debug it on your own.

It is neither our duty, nor our benefit, as a community or individual, to try to solve your issue beyond what has been told you up to now.

In short terms: Post the code, ask for help, or figure it out somehow differently.

Dominik Christian Egert #:

No. - You are asking the wrong questions.

First of all, the connection MetaTrader uses is not of relevance to your problem. - The EA connects using (of course) HTTP(s) for retrieving the calendar data from ffcal.

You should check the expert-tab for errors and messages related to the failed download. - If its a market product, and you have no access to the source, you will need to contact the developer and ask for help.

If its your code, and you have the source, you could ask for help in solving a coding issue here. - Or debug it on your own.

It is neither our duty, nor our benefit, as a community or individual, to try to solve your issue beyond what has been told you up to now.

In short terms: Post the code, ask for help, or figure it out somehow differently.

For example This errors:

2023.07.19 01:31:00.599    News Trader EA v1.4.1 AUDUSD,M15: Alert: FFCal Error - Web page download was not complete!

2023.07.19 01:31:00.599    News Trader EA v1.4.1 USDJPY,M15: Error in call of InternetOpenUrlW()

Sometimes it works right !!!

2023.07.17 05:31:13.951    News Trader EA v1.4.1 EURUSD,M15: 7-17-2023-EURUSD15-589124-FFCal.xml was saved successfully

Majid Eany #:

For example This errors:

2023.07.19 01:31:00.599    News Trader EA v1.4.1 AUDUSD,M15: Alert: FFCal Error - Web page download was not complete!

2023.07.19 01:31:00.599    News Trader EA v1.4.1 USDJPY,M15: Error in call of InternetOpenUrlW()

2023.07.17 05:31:13.951    News Trader EA v1.4.1 EURUSD,M15: 7-17-2023-EURUSD15-589124-FFCal.xml was saved successfully

Is this your source code? Do you have only the binary?

You are using DLLs in your EA. Function InternetOpenUrlW will give you more details, return value, error code, stuff like that to figure out what went wrong.

Majid Eany #:

For example This errors:

There are several threads about FFCal indicator and about NewsTrader EA discussing the codes and so on.
So, you can read this page (just to start with this subject): https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/389592/page5
and post
News Filter Not Working. What is the new alternative??? - How to run a test code and find out if you are blocked by Cloudflare
News Filter Not Working. What is the new alternative??? - How to run a test code and find out if you are blocked by Cloudflare
  • www.mql5.com
I run this test code again today out of curiosity. This useless information indicates that your request is blocked by cloudflare, a service used to cache and protect websites from attacks. Cloudflare can block single ip address or range of addresses, depending on the rules

Majid Eany #:

If FFCal is not working anymore(!!) why don't you use the much more convenient integrated calendar: https://www.mql5.com/en/docs/calendar ?

This works in Backtests and MQ-VPS!

Documentation on MQL5: Economic Calendar
Documentation on MQL5: Economic Calendar
  • www.mql5.com
Economic Calendar - MQL5 Reference - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5

Carl Schreiber #:

If FFCal is not working anymore(!!) why don't you use the much more convenient integrated calendar: https://www.mql5.com/en/docs/calendar ?

This works in Backtests and MQ-VPS!

If I am not wrong, EC doesn't work in backtesting...

The problem is value updates for events. They are in live environments, timely offset by the event, which is not reflected in Backtesting. So you would know the result beforehand, which could employ fraudulent behaviour to EAs. (Future value lookup)

There is a real challenge to this, because the calendar does not store the time offset between the actual event and the publication of the actual value to the event.

EDIT: besides, the API EC updates it's values very much later than the official calendar on mql.com.