Tester giving identical results even with a factor of 10 difference in spread Why? - page 3

Lorentzos Roussos #:

are you using the tester_file property(if i recall its name properly) maybe ? 

the Tester file when you change it , the file name or the file contents , you must do a compilation + close ide + mt5 + restart them and then test

i recall losing (wasting) ages too on that so it sounds familiar

I’m not using that to load symbol data. It’s all done through the symbol manager and manually setting up a custom symbol. 

EdFuk #:

I’m not using that to load symbol data. It’s all done through the symbol manager and manually setting up a custom symbol. 

ow sorry . 

in that case if you are certain there was no mix up in the symbols selected , do restarts between manual symbol creation , or ensure you are running on the symbol you prepped before letting it rip. 

Lorentzos Roussos #:

ow sorry . 

in that case if you are certain there was no mix up in the symbols selected , do restarts between manual symbol creation , or ensure you are running on the symbol you prepped before letting it rip. 

Tried that. If I delete the custom symbol then shutdown MT5 I notice that in one of the data folders there is a folder with the same name still there. Then if I go back into MT5 and create a new symbol using the name I used before it seems to pick up some old data. 

Anyone else seen this or know how to get around it? Seems like I need to delete the folders. 

EdFuk #:
Tried that. If I delete the custom symbol then shutdown MT5 I notice that in one of the data folders there is a folder with the same name still there. Then if I go back into MT5 and create a new symbol using the name I used before it seems to pick up some old data. 

Anyone else seen this or know how to get around it? Seems like I need to delete the folders. 

maybe it could be in the script , delete old , adjust new

Lorentzos Roussos #:

maybe it could be in the script , delete old , adjust new

Seems odd. I’ll investigate more when I get home.