8 reasons to choose MetaTrader VPS over non-specialized hosting solutions - page 3

Hi, thank you for the useful information.
@Fernando Carreiro @MetaQuotes Can you please clarify if MetaTrader and/or the hosting provider can read, use, or copy an expert loaded on a VPS? I searched, but there is no mention or guarantee about this issue in the official terms of use, privacy policy, and VPS rules.

Thanks,

M.

letsopenthenewmilk #:

Hi, thank you for the useful information.
@Fernando Carreiro @MetaQuotes Can you please clarify if MetaTrader and/or the hosting provider can read, use, or copy an expert loaded on a VPS? I searched, but there is no mention or guarantee about this issue in the official terms of use, privacy policy, and VPS rules.

Thanks,

M.

No, the broker or VPS provider cannot access/read your EA files.

Eleni Anna Branou #:

No, the broker or VPS provider cannot access/read your EA files.

Thank you @Eleni Anna Branou for the response!
Where did you read this information?

Thanks,

M.

letsopenthenewmilk #:

Thank you @Eleni Anna Branou for the response!
Where did you read this information?

Thanks,

M.

This is reply from MetaQuotes - 

Форум по трейдингу, автоматическим торговым системам и тестированию торговых стратегий

Do brokers see the installed EAs

Renat Fatkhullin, 2017.02.19 13:22

The question constantly pops up, the answers were repeatedly given.

Never any broker sees and does not have access to the trader's computer, does not know and does not have access to his robots or any other programs.

But each order has a type of reason, which indicates how it was created - manually or by experts.

To be afraid of knowledge by the broker ("trader trades experts") does not make sense. At a huge number of brokers, the percentage of autotrading more than 50% of transactions - everyone understands that this is a new reality.

Sergey Golubev #:

This is reply from MetaQuotes - 

Hi Sergey, thanks for your response.
Sorry to be pedantic but the answer given by @Renat Fatkhullin says different thing.
I'm not speaking about my computer but about a VPS, which is a host (it could be a virtual machine, for example) on the cloud managed by a broker. Indeed, the broker that manages that virtual machine has full access to the server and potentially even the experts loaded.
I'm seeking an official response, as well as the official terms and conditions and privacy policy of this service.

Thanks,

M.

letsopenthenewmilk #:

Hi Sergey, thanks for your response.
Sorry to be pedantic but the answer given by @Renat Fatkhullin says different thing.
I'm not speaking about my computer but about a VPS, which is a host (it could be a virtual machine, for example) on the cloud managed by a broker. Indeed, the broker that manages that virtual machine has full access to the server and potentially even the experts loaded.
I'm seeking an official response, as well as the official terms and conditions and privacy policy of this service.

Thanks,

M.

I think - the brokers do not have access to Metatrader VPS (because this VPS is not the brokers' service).
As to privacy and security so VPS is virtual private server and it is secure by definition.

Sergey Golubev #:
I think - the brokers do not have access to Metatrader VPS (because this VPS is not the brokers' service).
As to privacy and security so VPS is virtual private server and it is secure by definition.

Thank you, Sergey. I think you raise a valid point. However, I had the same question as  @letsopenthenewmilk: despite the inherent security of VPS, I couldn't find the official policies or privacy terms related to this on the VPS info page or the website.

@Fernando Carreiro  or  @Eleni Anna Branou, since you both have extensive expertise in this area, could you provide any additional information or point us to where we can find the official policies and privacy terms for MetaTrader VPS?

Marzo #:

Thank you, Sergey. I think you raise a valid point. However, I had the same question as  @letsopenthenewmilk: despite the inherent security of VPS, I couldn't find the official policies or privacy terms related to this on the VPS info page or the website.

@Fernando Carreiro  or  @Eleni Anna Branou, since you both have extensive expertise in this area, could you provide any additional information or point us to where we can find the official policies and privacy terms for MetaTrader VPS?

https://www.mql5.com/en/vps/rules

Thank you, Eleni, for sharing the link, while the rules provide extensive details on the operation and management of the VPS service, they do not explicitly address the privacy concerns related to the potential access of EAs and personal data by hosters or MetaQuotes. Is possible to find any additional information or @MetaQuotes  can direct us to the specific privacy policy document that outlines the data protection measures for the MetaTrader VPS service?

MetaQuotes
  • www.mql5.com
Trader's profile

Marzo #:

Thank you, Eleni, for sharing the link, while the rules provide extensive details on the operation and management of the VPS service, they do not explicitly address the privacy concerns related to the potential access of EAs and personal data by hosters or MetaQuotes. Is possible to find any additional information or @MetaQuotes  can direct us to the specific privacy policy document that outlines the data protection measures for the MetaTrader VPS service?

I don't think you will find anything more specific on the matter.