Publisher causes EA problems

Hi All,

I was wondering whether anyone else has had a problem with Publisher slowing down or delaying EA functionality ?

I'm just testing out an EA which produces a mountain of trades and had Publisher set to publish every 15 minutes. On occasion I noticed that I couldn't bring up the EA Properties for some reason - a little odd. I was then noticing that the EA was missing taking some trades and, at the time, thought it was a glitch somewhere in the EA.

On reflection, I think the Publisher service is the root cause of all these funny little oddities. My thought process suggests the Publisher service needs to collate all the necessary data, process it into HTML and the send this to the server before it moves onto other tasks. At the very least, some or all of these tasks are NOT threaded and are delaying the processing of other EA tasks.

Is anyone gotten these sorts of issues before ?

Cheers
Martin

I actually don't have Publisher enabled on my platform but seem to have the same problems after I generate reports or look at data with "custom period" from "Account History". My EA will stop placing orders although the guy in the corner is smiling. I know that the problem is not EA related nor internet connection failure because I have more than one instance of the same EA running and on those that I have not generated a report...those operate ok and orders get placed.

Metaquotes, do you know what could be going on?

btw reports are generated with publisher too.
it may be a problem with publisher. some users reported about similar problem. we are checking this problem now

Slawa,

There most certainly is a bug somewhere in the Publisher code. I've had no problems whatsoever in missed trading functions or glitches in making the EA Properties appear since I've disabled the Publisher functionality.

Another thing I did notice when I was tracking down the cause, was one of the MT4 instances failed to Publish even though it was enabled at the time. Looking through the log files, I noticed there was a Publisher: starting notice but the subsequent Publisher: ok was not there so I'm presuming the Publisher Service still 'thinks' it's running and therefore no longer updating.

Maybe there's 2 bugs here ?
Martin

may be. thanx