Coloured bars for asian, london, new york sessions

would it be possible, or has anyone the code for metaeditor to change the colour of each bar to represent the different trading sessions this is somthing i used on tradestation and found it exellent when looking back at previous trades.

I'm pretty sure you cannot change the color of indivdual bars on the chart at runtime, unless MQ has added this functionality recently. And I really wish they would.

But what you can do is code up a script or indicator that draws trend lines from the top to the bottom of the bar "on top" of the bar. Efectively painting over it.

Something similar to:
if "time == euro session" draw euro bar
if "time == asian session draw asian bar, and so on

Just iterate through each bar and run this check on each one. I would write it up as a script since it is used for historical viewing.

I know a guy who does custom programming for mql. I used to try to do that, but its too much of a hasle dealing with customers. If you provide an email, I will tell him to contact you. But you can probably get someone to code it up for you. If I get the time (and inclination), I would do it.

would it be possible, or has anyone the code for metaeditor to change the colour of each bar to represent the different trading sessions this is somthing i used on tradestation and found it exellent when looking back at previous trades.

Prior to my learning about MT4, for my curiosity I have created one year display with D1 bars colored according to moon cycle to see if moon influences the market. See for yourself:
http://merlin4x.com/perl/fx00.pl#o

The green to red daily bars represent the moon cycle green being new moon and red being full moon. See top lines.
I have also overlaid EURUSD birthday on top of it creating color spectrum where green should be favorable for Bulls and red for Bears.
For this reason I too would like choice to color individual background bars.