Free hosting for algorithmic trading: Inquire with your broker - page 2

kobigabz1 #:

I was able to connect to the VPS server.

Is it necessary to install MetaTrader also on a VPS server, and how should I connect from wherever I am?

No, MQL5 VPS is not like ordinary VPS, read carefully the information below:

Launching MetaTrader VPS: A step-by-step guide for first-time users

Read the last steps 15-25 of these guides below to understand how MQL5 VPS works:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/366152  (MT4)

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/366161  (MT5)

Hi,

I trade using a virtual server using MetaTrader 4. In the properties / common of the robot (advisor) should live trading be marked. Right?

Thanks

kobigabz1 #:

Hi,

I trade using a virtual server using MetaTrader 4. In the properties / common of the robot (advisor) should live trading be marked. Right?

Thanks

When you are migrating the chart(s) with your robot attached - yes, autotrading should be marked.
But after migration - not.

-------------------

• MetaQuotes
  • www.mql5.com
Everyone who uses trading robots or signal subscriptions sooner or later recognizes the need to rent a reliable 24/7 hosting server for their tradi...

I mean the mark I sent. Do I have to close it manually, or was it supposed to be done automatically?
Files:
Untitled1.png  41 kb

kobigabz1 #:
I mean the mark I sent. Do I have to close it manually, or was it supposed to be done automatically?

The autotrading will be OFF (in Metatrader in general) after migration.

---------------------

You can read the instruction about how to subscribe to MQL5 VPS and how to migrate (I uploaded two links on the previous post).
Means: you prepared everything on your home Metatrader (open the chart, attach EA to the chart with your settings, and switch autotrading to be ON in Metatrader and in EA), and so on.
read the instruction ...

more details: https://www.metatrader5.com/en/terminal/help/virtual_hosting/virtual_hosting_migration

Migration - Virtual Hosting for 24/7 Operation - MetaTrader 5 Help
  • www.metatrader5.com
Migration is transferring the current active environment from the trading platform to the virtual one. This is a simple and straightforward way to...

I did not ask about autotrading but about live trading.

Does it have to be marked after transferring the data to the virtual server?

kobigabz1 #:

I did not ask about autotrading but about live trading.

Does it have to be marked after transferring the data to the virtual server?

Not, it does not need to be marked.

Because autotrading and "allow live trading" feature are the same ones: it is autotrading in general, and because autotrading is always ON in the MQL5 VPS.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Modified Metatrader

Sergey Golubev, 2016.08.03 09:38

Where to check autotrading:

and

If you attached EA to the chart and you see "smiling face" so it is fine with autotading (in most of the cases):

If EA's face is not smiling and not happy so you can check everything once again:

It was for MT4 but MT5 is same with this case.