How to create an EA from an Indicator?

I have an indicator which generates signals based on 03-Moving Averages and certain filter criteria. I want to develop an EA based on this indicator. Any guidance in this context will be appreciated?

Your topic has been moved to the section: MQL4 e MetaTrader 4 — In the future, please consider which section is most appropriate for your query.

• Usually people who cannot code do not receive free help on this forum.
  • If you show your attempts and describe your problem clearly, you will most probably receive an answer from the community. Use the CODE button (Alt-S) when inserting code.
  • If you do not want to learn to code, that is not a problem. You can either look at the Codebase if something free already exists, or in the Market for paid products (also sometimes free).
  • Finally, you also have the option to hire a programmer in the Freelance section.

theforex squads: How to create an EA from an Indicator?

Don't try to do that. There are no buffers, no IndicatorCounted() or prev_calculated. No way to know if older bars have changed or been added (history update.)

Just get the value(s) of the indicator(s) into EA/indicator (using iCustom) and do what you want with it.
          (MT4) Detailed explanation of iCustom - MQL4 programming forum (2017)

William Roeder #:

Don't try to do that. There are no buffers, no IndicatorCounted() or prev_calculated. No way to know if older bars have changed or been added (history update.)

Just get the value(s) of the indicator(s) into EA/indicator (using iCustom) and do what you want with it.
          (MT4) Detailed explanation of iCustom - MQL4 programming forum (2017)

theforex squads:
I have an indicator which generates signals based on 03-Moving Averages and certain filter criteria. I want to develop an EA based on this indicator. Any guidance in this context will be appreciated?

Don't forget about the "FREELANCE" section of the website. 
Set up your account and post your project, and coders will come running to bid on your project. 

https://www.mql5.com/en/job

Trading applications for MetaTrader 5 to order
Trading applications for MetaTrader 5 to order
  • www.mql5.com
The largest freelance service with MQL5 application developers