I have urgent question about freelancer market

Hi every one how are you , I have a quick question for you . 
Today I posted a job at the freelancer section and suddenly I see that there is 20% vat on my payment, the problem is I did not see anything about VAT when I read the rules but I see that there is 20% VAT so my question is 

1 From whom does this VAT cut from , is it from me or the freelancer ?
2 Why don't I see it in the rules section?
3 Is this VAT for Europeans and US citizens or is it for everybody?
4 for instance I deposited only $30 and the payment i set for the job is $30 so how do the MQL5 take the 20% fee If I didn't deposit any more??

I attached screenshot that explain every thing about the fee.
 THANKS
Files:
mql5.PNG  120 kb

Calvin Howard:
Today I posted a job at the freelancer section and suddenly I see that there is 20% vat on my payment, the problem is I did not see anything about VAT when I read the rules but I see that there is 20% VAT so my question is 

4 for instance I deposited only $30 and the payment i set for the job is $30 so how do the MQL5 take the 20% fee If I didn't deposit any more??

THANKS

It is according to EU laws, which requires that all EU citizens be charged with VAT.

I don't know when it was that MetaQuotes implemented it, as they were actually quite late in accordance to EU regulations.

The VAT will be charged to you, so you will not be able to move forward with the job until the full amount (including the VAT) is available to proceed.

The VAT does not go to the coder, nor to MetaQuotes. At some point during their fiscal procedures, MetaQuotes will forward the VAT to the state.

Calvin Howard:

THANKS
Where are you from ? Your profile says Romania, but your IP says so something else.

Fernando Carreiro #:

It is according to EU laws, which requires that all EU citizens be charged with VAT.

I don't know when it was that MetaQuotes implemented it, as they were actually quite late in accordance to EU regulations.

The VAT will be charged to you, so you will not be able to move forward with the job until the full amount (including the VAT) is available to proceed.

The VAT does not go to the coder, nor to MetaQuotes. At some point during their fiscal procedures, MetaQuotes will forward the VAT to the state.

It was around the beginning of 2020.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

VAT - MQL5 pay it to country?

Alain Verleyen, 2020.05.28 05:41

It seems you don't understand how VAT is working. As an EUROPEAN (EU) resident you have to pay VAT if you buy something in an EUROPEAN country. Metaquotes is based in Cyprus, you pay the VAT to them as EUROPEAN resident, Metaquotes as any registered european company is a VAT receiver, they declare it on their side and pay it back to the authorities.

American residents don't have to pay VAT to Cyprus.

so you are telling me If I am from other country i will not pay the VAT. In my profile it says I am from Romania because my vpn was connected to Romania at the time of registration. but my actual location is Ethiopia , I was using VPN for accessing other website I forgot to turn it off when I signup here.

1 Do you know how to change my location in my profile so that I will not be charged VAT which I didn't have to pay  because I am not resident of Europe?
2 So you are telling me that when I try to pay the freelancer after he completed the job I can't do that unless the VAT is paid ??

Calvin Howard #:
so you are telling me If I am from other country i will not pay the VAT. In my profile it says I am from Romania because my vpn was connected to Romania at the time of registration. but my actual location is Ethiopia , I was using VPN for accessing other website I forgot to turn it off when I signup here.

1 Do you know how to change my location in my profile so that I will not be charged VAT which I didn't have to pay  because I am not resident of Europe?
2 So you are telling me that when I try to pay the freelancer after he completed the job I can't do that unless the VAT is paid ??

Contact the Service Desk.

Contact Us
Contact Us
  • www.mql5.com
Send your messages and see the history of your requests to the mql5.com support team even if you are not registered on the website.

Calvin Howard #:

As far as I remember, the location is not set by IP address. It is set by the user, manually, in the main profile settings.

So as long as you are not registered as a seller, you can change the field.

I was wrong. It is currently set by IP location!