What is the Best program to learn for Expert Advisors v4.0

I am told learn a bit of C to better understand terms for building EAs. Please shed some light on this and it will be greatly appreciated.

Todd
Strugglin

mmmhhhhh, i doubt you need to lear C for that. Try looking at some simple experts first, try to understand them. Make some changes to them and see what happens. I am sure you'll learn best by doing.

I am told learn a bit of C to better understand terms for building EAs. Please shed some light on this and it will be greatly appreciated.

Although keep in mind that you can stumble over some unexpectable 'surprises' which turn conventional C logic upside down like different handling logical OR and AND operations in if statement.

Read the first chapters of a beginner's C book (control elements (if, while, do), data types, functions, arrays). Just to the excercises and don't even think of the indicator programming. Just make sure you cover the topics I mentioned above.

Then forget everything (MQ4 is not C). Then look at various indicators and experts. Use everything which reminds you of the C book (the MQ4 stuff will trigger stuff you've already seen in C). Make minor changes, try things, pagiarize.

But don't try to transfer stuff from C to MQ4 from scratch, that direction will prove frustrating because you'll pick and try to transfer stuff that will not work in MQ4. Again, MQ4 is not C, but with basic C background knowledge looking and playing with existing indicators and that stuff will be great fun. I'm a professional programmer with 20 years C/C++ background and even I have never written a single indicator/expert from scratch. You always use something existing, modify it, modify it a bit more and before you know it, you have your "own" thing. But background knowledge to pull from is the key.

Markus

PS: Avoid C++ books or classes